Rib Rub - Emergency

-HAZARD-

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I haven't posted on here in a hundred years.

My wife wants pork ribs on Saturday. I've been striking out big time trying to formulate a good rub for ribs. I want to purchase a ready made one.

Anyone know of a good brand that maybe Walmart carries regularly, that you expect to find on the shelf?

Last Ditch Effort Here...

You might consider checking out Lowes and Home depot around the BBQ isle inside the store.In my area they about a dozen choices on rubs & some sauces.

Walmart carries those American Royal Rubs. I think the rib rub is Lotta Bull and it is good. They are small and kinda pricy but they are quality rubs. If you have an academy sports they carry some good ones including Plowboys YardBird.
Hey Everyone,

I haven't posted on here in a hundred years.

My wife wants pork ribs on Saturday. I've been striking out big time trying to formulate a good rub for ribs. I want to purchase a ready made one.

Anyone know of a good brand that maybe Walmart carries regularly, that you expect to find on the shelf?

Last Ditch Effort Here...

Another vote for Yardbird. Good stuff

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

No Academy Sports near me... :sad:

I forgot about the home centers! Fortunately there is a HD very close to the Walmart I will be by tomorrow. I'll check there first.

Time to start perusing the internet inventory of the local stores so I have an idea of what my options are.

Believe it or not but Lowe's has a selection of rubs including Bone Sucking Sauce Rub and Rub Your Butt just to name a few. But I noticed not all stores are equally stocked.

Other than that, have you tried any of the Brethren Formulated Rubs previously posted?

Down here Walmart carries fiesta brand there's one that says pork rub one that says rib rub pretty good but I don't know if they are national

Down here Walmart carries fiesta brand there's one that says pork rub one that says rib rub pretty good but I don't know if they are national

Yep. Often, when we pop down to Texas, we'll drop by a HEB or someplace and get some of those. And, they aren't real expensive, either.

I use the McCormick Applewood Rub all the time on ribs, I think it is pretty good!

I was just going to recommend that. I bought it one day just to see how it would compare and it was tasty. Bought more when it was on sale, cheap.

20170810190822-42c16654-me.jpg

I just ordered some Plowboys Yardbird and some Killer Hogs rub that I'm gunna try out this weekend. Any recommendations on sauces that go well with these?

Sorry if this is stealing the OPs orignal thread.

I usually make my own rub, but if I want something a little different I use these mixed together with great results on pork, chicken and turkey. I get them at ACE Hardware. They also have many other kinds of rubs and sauces.
7b67d664e65964cd7c494b7630a8f632.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I've been enjoying Stubbs BBQ Rub lately - the basic spice rub. A bit different than standards, especially for pork. Sugar free, simple, and I think Walmart carries it. Really good stuff and worth a try if you've not had it. Good on lots of things.

Where in Mass are you? I would be more than willing to give you a batch of mine to try.

I just ordered some Plowboys Yardbird and some Killer Hogs rub that I'm gunna try out this weekend. Any recommendations on sauces that go well with these?

Sorry if this is stealing the OPs orignal thread.

Those two go well on anything. They really shine on ribs, chicken and pork.

Back