Favorite BBQ sauces

For brisket I've come back to Stubb's Moppin' Sauce, actually for pretty much anything.
For pulled pork, I usually make my own SC mustard sauce based on the amazingribs recipe, but I also like the "Carolina Gold" made by Sauced in Livermore.

I hate these kinds of threads because they make me spend way too much money.

I have not bought any sauce since I tried the recipe that came with the A-Maze-N pellet smoker. You can make it as spicy or mild as you like. The only change I made was adding a tad of Worcestershire powder.

I guess I'm in the minority. I think sweet baby rays is overrated. Way too sweet. I don't use a lot of BBQ sauce, but tried Stubbs original thisast weekend and thought it was decent/good.

I'm with you, Sweet Baby Rays is garbage AFAIC, but to each their own. I bought a bottle of Stubbs once and didn't care for it either. After trying both of those brands which seem to get some love among actual BBQ people, and not enjoying either, I pretty much stick only to sauces I make.

Any good sauce is a balance of sweet/spicy/acid, plus whatever accent flavors you want to add. So really they are super easy and you can change up what to use for the different flavor profiles.

I rarely follow recipes closely, but I do make a very close version to Mike Mills' Apple City sauce. It's great on ribs, and many love it on pulled pork.

My wife & I are hardcore Eastern NC style sauce fiends for pulled pork. I always mix the pulled pork with that vinegar sauce after pulling. In the past I've added a lot of flavors, but honestly I think the more traditional vinegar+Salt+Pepper flakes is probably the best combo, just to add some acid/spice with the pork.

I do occasionally like a SC style mustard sauce with pulled pork. Not all the time, but it's good when I feel like it. Again, I just follow a basic path with yellow mustard, vinegar, honey, brown sugar, and cayenne/hot sauce.

I buy Head County by the gallon on Amazon. Lots of vinegar, not too thick, and tastes great on everything.

The only time I stray is if I really want ribs to have a shiny glaze, I go with something that's thicker with more sugar content.

I'm with Bacchus2b. Head country or I make my own.

My favorite BBQ sauce for ribs and is no longer available to me and probably anyone else is the BBQ sauce a local steakhouse (no longer in business) called "The Ground Round" put on there baby back ribs. I have searched the internet for years with no luck.

I don't know if this will help, but some of the former franchisees got together to keep some of the "Ground Rounds) open. You can try getting in touch with them for the recipe or their supplier. Good luck.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_Round

Only this for me

50/50

CVdnzoal.jpg

Back