Big Boy Cots

Dex

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on big boy cots.

Looking at Cabela's Outfitter XL cot and the Bass Pro Big Outdoorsman Cot.

Any other suggestions? We did zero gravity chairs this past season, but would like to try something else.

I've got a pair of the cabelas XL. I don't know if there is a better big man cot out there. 2 of them will not fit side by side in a 7' trailer. 2 non bbq'ers will fit on one.

The Cabela's XL is great as long as you are under 6', otherwise your ankles rest on the cross bars.

Mine is several years old and I don't remember the brand. I'll look to see if I can spot it in the garage and check.

One thing to keep in mind... The canvas doesn't provide any insulation, so on cold nights you'll want a sleeping bag of blanket under you.

6'1. Don't recall having an issue with it

Edit* does appear the BPs is 5" longer

Gander Mountain has one on sale for $99. Looks very comparable

I ditched the cot and got an airbed. It's actually easier to setup in the trailer than the cot.

I thought about this as well. Hated the idea of possibly getting a leak and ending up on the floor

I have this one. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/TETON-Sports-Outfitter-XXL-Cot/dp/B000P6BGYI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418575781&sr=8-1&keywords=xl+cot"]Amazon.com : TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Cot (85"x 40") : Camping Cots : Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/318IBUMVLRL.@@AMEPARAM@@318IBUMVLRL[/ame]
I also have the pad for it. As a big guy {6'2" 280} this thing is very sturdy and comfortable. A bit more money than some other ones, but I think its worth it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Dex
6'1. Don't recall having an issue with it

Edit* does appear the BPs is 5" longer
6'4" here and my Cabela's hits me right across the ankle bone. I had to take an old mattress foam top and put velcro on it so I could strap it around the bottom cross member.

I got this cot at Costco and it is the best cot ever and super easy to set up. And I am 6ft+ and 300#+

6'4" here and my Cabela's hits me right across the ankle bone. I had to take an old mattress foam top and put velcro on it so I could strap it around the bottom cross member.

Pipe insulation works great and is really tough

I've got a pair of the cabelas XL. I don't know if there is a better big man cot out there. 2 of them will not fit side by side in a 7' trailer. 2 non bbq'ers will fit on one.

I'm 6'4 250 and just got a couple of Ibeds off Amazon..love them. Very comfortable

Have the Gander Mountian version of the Xxl cot. Worked great until we went with a work and play toy hauler.

• Thanks
Reactions: Dex
I have a Field & Stream Oversized Magnum Cot and it's large and heavy duty. It's 95" x 39" and is rated for 500lbs.

I thought about this as well. Hated the idea of possibly getting a leak and ending up on the floor

Air mattresses leak and you roll around like it's a water bed. I found a
4" memory foam mattress topper on the floor of the trailer works better than an air mattress. (Full disclosure: normally I'm in the RV but on the occasions I've had to use the cargo trailer, the mattress topper always comes along for the ride.)

No cot experience, but would have to think it's better than an air mattress.

WE have the Disc O Bed Cots in our trailer and they sleep great you can use them singler or as bunk beds they are great and have a 400 lb. rating Cabel's has them

Back