favorite uses for left over steak?

Soybomb

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've got a tri-tip that is begging for cooking soon. Normally I'd have enough people in the house that leftovers wouldn't be a thing. I think I'm going to be solo for this one. I'm always disappointed when I try to re-heat a perfect medium rare steak cut. What are some of your favorite ways to use something like that without destroying it?

Cube the leftover steak, get some small portobello mushrooms and gorgonzola, or blue cheese. Put a cube of steak in a mushroom cap and top it off with the cheese, heat.

These heat up just as well in the microwave as they do the oven.

Yum!

Philly cheese steak sammies for lunch the next day.

Slice thin and set aside, slice and saute veggies, then into the oven with cheese to melt it down. This warms the steak slices enough without overcooking them.

Also, for breakfast I'll do hash with leftover baked potatoes if that was on the menu with steaks last night.

Slice or cube the steak, set aside. Cube potatoes, dice onions and some mushrooms if you have them. Cook with lots of butter until the crust, and add in steak to warm. Serve with sour cream, shredded sharp cheddar, diced fresh tomatoes, and cut green onions.

For tri-tip leftovers:
1. Sammiches
2. Omelets
3. Tacos
4. Chili

In honor of Hatch pepper season:

Sautee: onions, garlic, tomatos, roasted hatch peppers until onions are translucent.
Add steak, pinch of cumin, pinch of oregano, tiny bit of water or beef broth and enjoy some quick green chili stew.

Or make nachos, your choice.

In the winter months, the wifey makes a killer black bean soup with chicken broth, black beans, green peppers, onions, cilantro, some spices and the steak. Sooooo good with some chips and guac.

i made steak egg potato and cheese burritos with my left over steak and carne asada

All great choices but here's a totally different route

Using a sous vide (i have the Anova) you can reheat a steak to the perfect temperature.....again.

It also makes the best poached egg you've ever had. Add toast and hash browns and breakfast is ready

I love left over steak on a salad, mixed greens, tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, red onion and a blue cheese vinaigrette. Oh and don't forget the garlic toast.

I almost always have leftover steak on purpose. Chili is our favorite use but quesadillas run a close second.

I love left over steak on a salad, mixed greens, tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, red onion and a blue cheese vinaigrette. Oh and don't forget the garlic toast.

Stole the words right out of my mouth :) except I prefer feta cheese - it doesn't tend to overpower the meat the way blue cheese does.

Slice the steak cold, mix it in salad, throw in some chick peas for added taste, enjoy with a nice glass of Merlot :clap2:

We typically save leftover steak for breakfast the next morning. There's just something about good steak in a mushroom, onion, cheese scramble with fruit on the side that's satisfying.

Then again, I love some of the other things you guys mentioned above... we just typically find ourselves in the same boat as Smoke Ninja's household.

I hadn't even thought of that, I love that idea since it'd make a work friendly lunch.

Great ideas everyone!

Back