What sells the best at festival

Flour tortilla $.08
3 oz. chopped pork $.33
2 oz. crunchy slaw $.07
2 oz. pico de gallo $.04
squirt of Gringo sauce $.04

Total cost $.56 per taco. We sell em for $3 each for a food cost of 18%.

Last edited:
Flour tortilla $.08
3 oz. chopped pork $.33
2 oz. crunchy slaw $.07
2 oz. pico de gallo $.04
squirt of Gringo sauce $.04

Total cost $56 per taco. We sell em for $3 each for a food cost of 18%.

I think he means 53 cents....we do the exact same minus the pico, and use a Cilantro slaw. If you can figure out a way to put a little char on the tortilla before serving, it makes a huge difference too.

Festival Success

Our GottaQ BBQ FoodTruck has been on of the Most requested and successful event trucks in New England for the past 3 years!
Our Festival Menu is (By Popularity) Pulled Pork Sandwiches with/without Slaw, 3 Bone Ribs (3 1/2 and down so big portion) Brisket Sliders and Hot/Mild Beef Sausage!
We have a few events where we will sell 1/4, 1/2 and full racks of ribs and sell out 24-36 racks in less than 3 hours w/a 35-45% margin! Having the FEC 120 on the truck lets us cook 1 load prior to the event and (for 5-6hr events) reload and have fresh product about 1/2 way through so we rarely run out till right at the end!
We usually go into the Festivals w/16 9-12lb Butts- 6-8 12-16lb Briskets, All cooked fresh and Hot held, we never reheat any meats, always fresh!
For Big Festivals we have 2 FEC 120s and our Cadillac Cookers 4872 10 rack onsite (plus large refridgeration) so we can handle from 800-3500 plates a day!
All are welcome to contact me if I can help make your events better!
Mike

We do the pulled pork tacos, pretty much the same as everyone else, only we call ours "hillbilly tacos", in SoCal, we have to be somewhat different than regular tacos. Soft tortilla, pulled pork,baked beans, squeeze of sauce, cheese, coleslaw. Sell for $ 5.00. We also do a "redneck sundae" same thing as the taco with out the tortilla, in a clear plastic 9 oz cup. Sell for 4.00

Back