enimalx

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
So.... this is what I bought:

WtJ8G64.jpg

This is the flame on high:

GwCH6Yf.jpg

And this is my first attempt at increasing the air intake:

1RYAUPt.jpg

It's such a PITA to drill even with a titanium drill bit, which quickly became dull after the first hole, hence my giving up on the second hole until I file the drill bit...

So I was wondering if I could just drill some holes into the aluminum tubing? Would it be too far from the air intake, and hence would act as a gas guzzler, instead of an air intake? Thoughts?

I think that air intake is fixed and measured. I would look for buildup in the burner holes. Is your regulator adjustable? Could be a fuel restriction.

A yellow flame is lack of oxygen.

On mine there was a collar over the mesh that rotates to adjust the air intake.

Also note that a common issue with propane burners are spider nests. They get inside and build nests that restrict airflow. Use a shishkabob stick to clean inside the tube and near the valve...

The flame was like that since the day I bought it, which was a couple weeks ago, so no spider nests or anything like that in the burner. I also have no weak flame, so regulator seems fine too.

I think I just answered my own question with this image:

venturi.gif

The larger diameter of the aluminum tube seems to act as an area of expansion for the mixture of gas/air compressed in the venturi tube. So it seems that I will have to drill in the stainless steel part after all. I'll post some pictures when I'm done :thumb:

The flame was like that since the day I bought it, which was a couple weeks ago, so no spider nests or anything like that in the burner. I also have no weak flame, so regulator seems fine too.

I think I just answered my own question with this image:

venturi.gif

The larger diameter of the aluminum tube seems to act as an area of expansion for the mixture of gas/air compressed in the venturi tube. So it seems that I will have to drill in the stainless steel part after all. I'll post some images when I'm done :thumb:

That is indeed a biggie.

Good Luck

Back