Big Pork Butt on a Shirley Fabrication Today

BBQ Freak

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
had the Shirley heated up by 9:00 am and I got a big pork butt rubbed down with a new rub I am trying called Dixie Competition Meat Rub and I am smoking with a mix of Pecan and Cherry . been on now for 9 hours smoking low and slow at 225 degrees and it is time to put in a foil pan with apple juice and cover with foil and yes I wrap . will post more later when the cook is done and got to say I Love My Shirley Smoker . :loco:

Last edited:
Looks great.:thumb:

That Dixie Meat Rub is some good stuff!

well after 12 1/2 hours and it is finally done and it came out awesome and the wife said she better have left overs for tomorrow or all hell would break loose . I cooked to a internal temp of 210 degrees and it shreaded with ease and was very tender .

Last edited:
Looks awesome! You went 20* past me and the thing looks like it shredded itself on the cutting board!

Congrats! Looks tasty. Really. :eusa_clap

I know I probably cook my pork butt longer than most of you guys do but that is how me and my family likes it and it is always tender and juicy .

I know I probably cook my pork butt longer than most of you guys do but that is how me and my family likes it and it is always tender and juicy .
Nothing wrong in my book. Until just recently, I always cooked at those temps.

Looks great, and I gotta say, I love your Board

Wood Cutting Board recommendations

Post meant to be new thread. Ignore..

Last edited:
Great looking butt and really nice cutting board. I love to have a nice, thick wood board, but the wife would complain it's too heavy. Same reason I have yet to buy any cast iron...

my wife has a big pie board like that, but its old.

I like it for making pizza on too, the outlines are real handy

I am looking to buy a few larger cutting boards for carving briskets, ribs and such. I know about Boos, but I am not wanting to spend that kind of cash. Does anyone know of a good source for boards that will get and can take some pretty hard abuse?

Ron, please move this if it is supposed to be elsewhere.

do not worry about hijacking on my thread it is all good but this one is perfect for big briskets and did one a couple weeks ago with plenty of room . one thing though is is pretty heavy but had it for 3 years now with little wear to it and I use a electric knife on it .

Back