1 for ME!!!

Muscrat

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Finally got my ducks in a row were I could build myself a cooker since I've sold the ones I had. I have been saving scraps from previous builds and got busy. The chamber I had to have done but most every thing is stuff that was extra. The stack came off shananaya cause I ended up going with chrome. The 5" stack looks better than the 4" I did on the raffle cooker. But any how I'll post a few more along the way. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Good lookin' cooker!

What's the plan with the old (late 70's-ish?) Ford(?) truck?

Looking good. I can't wait to see where you mount the engine and transmission.:-D

I like it. Go Camo!!

I Gaurantee that will be the Best Pit you have cooked on since cooking on one of your other Builds!!! :mrgreen:

Good lookin' cooker!

What's the plan with the old (late 70's-ish?) Ford(?) truck?

It's a 71! We are building it for my 15 yr old. We grafted in a 2003 town car front and rear so it will have modern suspension and brakes. The engine is a 460. We added a mild cam aluminum intake and headers. Once the cooker is done I'll run the cooker and work on the truck. Win win situation if us ask me. Hope to have it going pretty quick. Here's a pic of how he wants it to look minus the flames.

Last edited:
I like it. Go Camo!!

I Gaurantee that will be the Best Pit you have cooked on since cooking on one of your other Builds!!! :mrgreen:

If I could find brown and green high temp I'd do it. Camp makes the world go round!!!

That is gonna be a nice, fun truck for the kiddo! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Going to be a great inaugural cook. Awesome!!

Ready for paint.
Paint in the morning and seasoning in the afternoon.

Last edited:
With the extra rack there is actually more grate space than the big cookers that I've done. The top rack is 15X31.

Last edited:
We lesser mortal are envious of your welding skills!, When I retired I bought a Miller Tig/Stick machine and a BBQ cooker, after 15 yrs I'm a lot better cooker than welder....:redface:

Great looking cooker Muscrat, and that truck will be killer. I inherited my dad's 1968-1972 Ford F-100, we rebuilt it, several hands together. It was a 351C, that was heavily reworked. I sometimes still miss that truck, although I never did get the exhaust sorted out.

Great looking cooker Muscrat, and that truck will be killer. I inherited my dad's 1968-1972 Ford F-100, we rebuilt it, several hands together. It was a 351C, that was heavily reworked. I sometimes still miss that truck, although I never did get the exhaust sorted out.

Thanks for the compliments. This Ol truck is gonna be pretty cool once it's done. It against my nature to pay somebody to do stuff I can do. I'll build the 3" exhaust with X pipe myself. Only thing I can't do is machine work and paint. Painting is another completely set of tools. The kiddo is starting to get excited about it so I gotta get busy on it Friday.

I didn't really paint mine, it was Ford Fleet Powder Blue, with primer spots. I did something wrong in building the engine, and it would explode mufflers, I did have 3" exhaust pipes, in the end, I was running high flow "mufflers" through side exhausts, you could hear me coming for miles.

But, I could lift the front wheels if I wanted. :thumb:

Back