Maverick ET732 Issue

Steve Brule

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi guys. Been lurking here for a long time and love the site. I purchased a Maverick ET732 and I'm having a small issue with it. The wireless receiver seems to randomly lose connection. The temps dissappear and just see dashes and it starts beeping every few seconds. After a short time it will stop beeping and the temps will show back up. Not a big deal but I'm wondering if there might be an issue with my unit? I'm planning on using this for overnight cooks and don't want the unit to beep randomly throughout the night. Any of you run into something like this? Thanks!

Yes, with a long distance or thick walsl (brick, etc...) and weak batteries, it will lose connection.

The last time I used it I was at my desk. I had it sitting by a window and it was only about 10 feet from the main unit...

Triple pane windows? I have heard of issues with thick walls and triple pane windows.

Because of connectivity issues the maverick doesn't make a good alarm. Ive basically given up on the receiver.

agree_zpswu0x8pdt.gif
I had the same issue when I owned a Maverick. Of course our aluminum siding was the biggest culprit with my issue. The distance rating of the unit is done by line of site with no obstructions.

Any type of barrier like walls, windows, even precipitation can effect and weaken the signal to the receiver.

Try hanging the transmitter higher, even if you have to drive a stake in the ground. This is especially true if your windows are much higher than the unit itself.

Good luck and keep us posted if you can resolve the connectivity issue.

The ET733 works much better and has a longer range than the ET732 in my opinion.

Thanks for the responses. I do have triple pane windows and steel siding so sounds like that is probably my issue. A little disappointing... I'm wondering if I should send it back and upgrade to the ET733? Or is there another unit you guys recommend more?

I've never had any issues with mine unless the batteries were getting ready to die. I will probably upgrade to a wifi unit when this one gives up the ghost be it unit or probe but I've had it for years and it's still going strong.

What Kevin said.
I have both but only use the 733 for overnite cooks.

Happens very rarely to me. Sometimes in the same spot that had no issue. I blame the NSA trying to shig my cook. :heh:

I've never had any issues with mine unless the batteries were getting ready to die. I will probably upgrade to a wifi unit when this one gives up the ghost be it unit or probe but I've had it for years and it's still going strong.

I'm using the batteries that came with the unit. Maybe I should put new ones in it and see if that helps out.

I'm using the batteries that came with the unit. Maybe I should put new ones in it and see if that helps out.
+

I would give that a shot.
Seems to me they come with the batteries installed.
May have been in the warehouse for a long time.

I have had mine since they came out and, other than 2 battery changes it has never missed a beat through several walls and some pretty good distances.

Good Luck.

TIM

I've had three Mavericks, all different models and all have been duds. I bought the 732 two years ago hoping that the issues were worked out. I only use these when I do a roast. I believe I've only used this one three times total. A few weeks ago, the receiver wasn't detecting a signal. Changed batteries in the units and still didn't work. I know others have had luck with theirs, but mine have all been disposable.

I've had three Mavericks, all different models and all have been duds. I bought the 732 two years ago hoping that the issues were worked out. I only use these when I do a roast. I believe I've only used this one three times total. A few weeks ago, the receiver wasn't detecting a signal. Changed batteries in the units and still didn't work. I know others have had luck with theirs, but mine have all been disposable.

Ever tried the 733?

What do you use now?

I place my outside unit a few feet away from the uds. Seems call that steel dampers the single.

I have had my ET-732 for almost two years. Gone through several sets of batteries, hell, I swapped out what was in there for this weekends cook just because I couldn't remember how old they were and I didn't want to have to do it mid cook. My smokers are in my backyard and my master bedroom is in the front of the house. Brick house, lots interior walls in between. Have not had any issues.

I bought a fancy Blue Therm Duo when I got my LSG. Thing disconnects from my iPhone unless I am in the kitchen close to the backyard.

I am on the waiting list for the Meater https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/meater-the-only-wire-free-smart-meat-thermometer#/set. Can't wait to get it.

Back