Rib Roast - Shoprite sale

tjtv

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Just a heads up, if you live near a Shoprite. They have USDA Choice Bone-IN Beef Rib Roast(aka "Prime Rib") on sale for $4.99/lb. Roast it up for "prime rib" or cut into ribeye steaks, either way it's a fantastic deal.

I picked up a full 7-bone roast that weighed 18.5 pounds, butcher gave it to me still in the cryo :thumb: Most likely will pick up another one later this week. I believe that the sale runs through Saturday 4/19.

Nice score. If they are in cryo, leave them that way and you can safely store them in the freezer for years :)

Yes I plan on buying a few of these in cryo, but I seriously doubt they will be stored in the freezer for anything even approaching 1 year. I wouldn't be able to look in the freezer at all this beautiful beef and not want to defrost/cook/eat it for anywhere near that long :)

Yes I plan on buying a few of these in cryo, but I seriously doubt they will be stored in the freezer for anything even approaching 1 year. I wouldn't be able to look in the freezer at all this beautiful beef and not want to defrost/cook/eat it for anywhere near that long :)

I hear ya. Trick is to diversify and have other options available. I have 2 upright freezers along with a top mount freezer and a bottom drawer freezer. I also have an uncle who is a butcher and let's me know when deals are going on.

I have 5 briskets, 2 full and 2 1/2 ribeye loins, a Strip loin, 4 racks of Baby Backs, 2 racks of spares, 2 pork loins, 20 6-packs of whole chicken wings, 9 1lb packs of bacon, 12 1lb rolls of Wrights sausage and 12lbs of smoked roast beef in vac packs in my freezers right now.

Sadly, I ran through my supply of Boston Butts right before the prices skyrocketed. :mad:

All of the above were purchased either when the meat was on a really good sale, or even better, reduced via "manager's specials".

(Only reason I know this is that I just did an inventory for the start of Derby party season which kicked off this past weekend :) )

Thanks for the heads up...grabbed me a boneless 7 lb'er to cook up tomorrow :thumb:

Back