Another Publix Dec Rib Roast Sale $5.79/lb

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
I didn't catch this until today, but Publix has a $5.79lb standing rib roast sale happening (at least in ATL).

I know I posted a similar sale this time last year and I thought "with beef prices there is no way they'll do the $6.99/lb price from last year". I guess I was technically right as it is $5.79/lb this year :twitch::twitch:.

You all have probably seen it around too, but just being the town cryer in case anyone didn't catch it in their area.

So I got 4 of them today and will probably go back before the sale ends next Tuesday.
AyyvWHul.jpg

Gonna cut a bunch into steaks and probably do one whole around xmas.

Yea I posted in the "what you smokin this weekend?" thread. $5.99 here. Quite the bargain in these times.

I'm probably gonna cut mine into steaks since the GF doesn't like medium rare too much. I could give her both end pieces but I like the end cut too!

Anyway, if I do steaks out of several roasts I'll have some nice ribs to smoke later. :thumb:

I usually get mine from Publix, they're always good. But I wonder if Sam's Club will have a sale also.

Yea I posted in the "what you smokin this weekend?" thread. $5.99 here. Quite the bargain in these times.

I'm probably gonna cut mine into steaks since the GF doesn't like medium rare too much. I could give her both end pieces but I like the end cut too!

Anyway, if I do steaks out of several roasts I'll have some nice ribs to smoke later. :thumb:

I'll load up tomorrow. If you want to smoke the ribs don't let them separate the meat from the bone for roast. You can cut them at home and leave some meat on them for smoking.

Looks like Kroger has the same price starting tomorrow, but they are limiting it to 1 per Kroger card.

I got one more round at Publix this morning. Going to test run a full rib roast this weekend with a Meatheads method, smoking low and then high temp finish in oven. I still like cutting these up into steaks the best, but maybe a new recipe will change my mind.
tLl7Bt4l.jpg

Jason you may have to work a little overtime to afford this:

Publix is running the sale again starting Thursday for a second week.

I came home with 2 more roasts yesterday and my GF says "Did you buy more of those fatty roasts?" :crazy:

Yup...sure did. :yo:

Jason you may have to work a little overtime to afford this:

Publix is running the sale again starting Thursday for a second week.

I came home with 2 more roasts yesterday and my GF says "Did you buy more of those fatty roasts?" :crazy:

Yup...sure did. :yo:

Brad, been selling my soul off portions at a time :biggrin1:.

Great catch on next week. I looked up the preview of the weekly publix ad for next week and you are right. Listing it again which is great. When I was there today all they were doing in the butcher shop was trimming up the roasts, so that makes sense.

I'm definitely not going to buy anymore............

I went yesterday to get one but they were already gone. Butcher says they will be on sale here until Christmas and that he expects more mid-day today. That said, what kind of wood would you smoke this with? My wife and I had never had smoked Prime Rib until
Summer 2021 we visited Mt Ranier and stayed in the lodge. The chef made it and it was outstanding. We ordered it both nights. I have made a few since then and while tasty, they were never as good as his was. Want to try again with a new recipe. I used some Oak before. I have some Pecan also. Any wood suggestions? Maybe your favorite recipe too (or a link). I tried a search and didn't find exactly what I wanted. Thanks!

I just grabbed a couple of small "two bone" rib roasts near me for $6.97lb (5lbs each). Harris Ranch choice. I always seem to miss the grocery store prime rib sales with all of the holiday craziness. Went first thing this morning as the sales changed today.

I'll cook one and vac seal/freeze the other for another time. Pretty sure I can squeeze one into an 11" vac bag.

The Atlanta area Publix is going to run them all the way to Christmas Eve, so I will definitely be checking them out for myself.

Just picked up one at our local Kroger chain for 4.97/lb with coupon. Too bad you could only get 1 with the coupon or I'd have stocked the freezer. Oh well, still a great deal.

Just picked up one at our local Kroger chain for 4.97/lb with coupon. Too bad you could only get 1 with the coupon or I'd have stocked the freezer. Oh well, still a great deal.

Between my wife an I we have 4 different Kroger accounts because of the limitations sometimes that Kroger puts on their digital deals. $4.97/lb is even more insane a price. What other coupon did you use to get is down another $1 or was you local price set at the $4.97?

In Chicago, Mariano's, AKA Kroger has it for $5.49 and The Jewels has it for $5.99.

Between my wife an I we have 4 different Kroger accounts because of the limitations sometimes that Kroger puts on their digital deals. $4.97/lb is even more insane a price. What other coupon did you use to get is down another $1 or was you local price set at the $4.97?

That was the coupon price. It says “can be used again” but then in the fine print says can only be used once. I think I should have my wife sign up too and get another one.
956c08071d4198080bdb5fff3e4558cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back