Big Shorties

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Found these Shorties at a new butcher shop I was checking out. Great stuff, and only $22 for the plate! Seemed cheap to me anyways.. Cooked them about 300-325 with hickory and rubbed with Salt Lick. Probed tender in about 4 hours. Sorry for the phone pics, I keep forgetting my camera at work..

Anyways, on to the pron!

Thanks for lookin

Looks great... 4 hours till probe tender. I'll remember that. I have a slab that looks about that size, when this harvest is over, they're getting cooked.

Looks great... 4 hours till probe tender. I'll remember that. I have a slab that looks about that size, when this harvest is over, they're getting cooked.

I'm not sure how common that is though... Seemed really fast for the size. After I pulled them I let them rest for an hour just because nothing else was ready yet...

Oh, and I forgot to post my favorite pic...

Man those look good! So meaty! Great photos as usual Shag. Man the plate pic looks good but that close of up the rib right above it is drool worthy.

Plated pic is really good don't get me wrong but if it was me I'd probably choose the close up. I want to bite the screen!

Doing some of those tomorrow. Hope they turn out half as good. Of course, I don't have any children at home to tug the heart strings, so I am gonna have to plate extra special...

Cool Terry, can't wait to see them. I'm always soooo jealous of you Texans and your beef. You guys don't know how good you've got it!

Back