Turkey breast on the Kettle

allboy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Any tips on doing a turkey breast tonight on a Weber kettle? I have had it marinading in Mango- chipotle italian salad dressing. What wood, and indirect vs. direct heat, safe temp to pull?

I would cook indirect at 350 deg until the meat temp id 160 deg. It will rise 5 degrees after you pull it off the grill.
A 10 lb spatchedcocked turkey today took 2 hours cooked this way.

Alder sounds like it would be a fine choice if all the websites I see selling it in your area are right. Of course I think we tend to use wood that's local and tend to "decide" it's the best choice. I paid $70 for a rick of pecan split and seasoned but it's local to this area so it's purty cheap. The alder for sale on the first place I read about was about a $1.50 a pound, that might be for rich folks who like to experiment with exotic wood choices, I'm sure you living in Washington state where it's from you can do a lot better. I vote you give it a try and let us know how it turned out.

Mike

thanks Mike. I did Pecan and Alder and it smells delishous. Mostly around here in Washington state I have access to Alder, Cherry, Apple, and Oak. Anything else I have to buy.

Back