THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sliding_billy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
)
I know a lot of people will say that they get sick of turkey during the holidays. I am not one of those people. For as long as there are cheep turkeys, I will be eating them. Here is the 1st installment done on the kamado. I will do plenty more by the new year on the kamado and the stick burner (can't fit one in the pooper). I had a 10 lb bird and a 12 lb bird in the fridge today (these were both of the $0.50/lb variety), and I decided on the 12 lb one. I am already back to 2 in the fridge since I restocked this one at the store today with another 12 lb one for $0.38/lb. Gravy was homemade from the drippings.

Looks great. How was the skin? Crispy or chewy?

Great crisp. I do turkey close to 400.

Wow that looks great! Did you brine with anything?

I'm like you. I like cheap birds.

No brine. When it comes to cheap birds, you just deal with the injection that they give you. Parkay slather and a garlic/salt/parsley rub was all that it got.

Nice looking Tom there Billy. I've been stocking up on turkey as well. Although our cheapest has only gone down to .69 cents a pound. Thanks for sharing. :grin:

Back