How About a Glossary of BBQ Terms?

LifeLongWNYer

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey, folks, the new guy New Yorker here, still learning.

I know where the list of acronyms is, and I check it often, but I'm getting so I have to check it less often, so maybe I'm learning.

But, how about a glossary of terms someplace? You folks use terms, that aren't acronyms and I have trouble figuring them out. Currently, when I see a word that I don't know, I Google it, but a list here with BBQ related terms would be great.

JBP

Hmm all the productive people have left. We are all just too lazy for such a thing. :becky:

What would probably be good is for you to start a thread like that and if it gets the right turn out then the mods will sticky it in the forums.

every forum I belong to have their own set of acronyms. If there isn't a glossary one does a lot of guessing and occasionally asks a dumb question. Been there

every forum I belong to have their own set of acronyms. If there isn't a glossary one does a lot of guessing and occasionally asks a dumb question. Been there

We have a list of acronyms and terms that are unique to this forum...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35132

JBP said that he was aware of that, so I took that to mean that he is looking for a generic BBQ glossary. We haven't maintained one since there are quite a few of them available online.

If someone wants to volunteer to build one, we can make it a sticky or add it to the roadmap, but The mod team doesn't have time to maintain it right now. It would have to be complete and ready to post.

Well, I can TRY, but remember, I'm the guy trying to LEARN this business.

Maybe I'll collect the words that I have to look up, and give it try.

Yeah, the acronyms are tough. Some mean one thing here, and something else there, but you guys have a good handle on that.

JBP

Thats Just Part of the Fun here for Newbs.......otherwise they might get bored......

Amazing ribs.com has a very extensive glossary. Not sure it makes sense to reinvent the wheel.

Back