My Wagyu Brisket Thread - $6 / lb. :)

Big Swole

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We were discussing this in another thread but that thread involved another suppliers name, so I wanted to start my own thread to document MY experience with this company and it's product. I plan to post pics and vids of the product and my cooks here. Feel FREE to post yours as well when / if you purchase some from them.

Go here to get the background on how all this came about. This is the thread for those wanting to read it and learn more about my thread and SRF's product (They sound like a great company as well).

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244756

Folks on the other thread were waiting to hear the number and contact information for this supplier. So here goes: OH!!! MAKE SURE YOU TEXT HIM FIRST PLEASE. Just state who you are and why you are contacting him. Mention this Forum, ME (Big Swole = David) or Adam (Offshore_SoLA).

Wagyu Brisket at $6.00 per lb. !!!!!

https://morganranchinc.com/en
Morgan Ranch
Scott Kleeb
308-293-3266

Posting this again in case you missed it above ^ ---MAKE SURE YOU TEXT HIM FIRST PLEASE. Just state who you are and why you are contacting him. Mention this Forum, ME (Big Swole = David) or Adam (Offshore_SoLA).

^ This is not to get "credit" for anything, nor to get a "kickback or discount". It's simply to let him know who, why, and how you got his info from. He's new to this BBQ thing but wants to get more involved. Let's help him Learn while also helping us get some amazing Beef at an Awesome price :)

Last edited:
First I want to thank Adam (Offshore_SoLA) for the info and contact to Morgan Ranch (Scott Kleeb)

Both are great people!! Mr. Kleeb seemed to be an amazing person based on my conversations with him. My purchase experience was nothing short of very pleasant. I look forward to doing business with him again soon. This could be the beginning of me spending FAR too much money on BBQ!! lol

My shipment of Wagyu Brisket showed up today. Here are a few pics. I dropped the box trying to get it in the house so I assume it's my fault the styrofoam is broken. lolol

I chose Ground shipping from NE to GA and it only took 3 days...Brisket was still frozen. The only parts that had started to thaw slightly were the very thin parts of the Flats and the Wagyu burger patties Mr. Kleeb sent me as well.

DDFE7110-D589-45D1-9080-FDC037FB6F57_zpsd1xdxmpg.jpg

6E11B48B-DD71-4898-93A1-65871E1E2EAF_zpskbox8l5r.jpg

D4881C13-440E-44C0-85B2-2E2852ADBD3D_zpsfudghixm.jpg

0D42B163-7E44-42FA-A1AD-02720C61142E_zpszptfyytm.jpg

A3D47F23-AF1D-4A07-8490-740A7A4A0BCD_zpsaallzdns.jpg

8C8477D7-4B6E-446A-9F97-229AFFB2BE71_zpskb2lnj4a.jpg

95988493-DEA2-4A23-B4AD-777DF64D52B1_zps0txrcvbt.jpg

D78D0118-B5A7-4B10-88FA-32B028189A25_zpsprfqu0td.jpg

I looked and couldn't find the brisket for $6 but they did have tenderloins for $150 a pound.

my wife just said buy a case, and I got no room in the deep freezer

I was going to have a cook done this wknd. BUT, I just happened to have the opportunity to go to TEXAS for the Moto GP race at C.O.T.A. (Circuit of the Americas). It's the only one here in the U.S. and I've never seen Moto GP bikes in person, so I'll have to wait until Wed. or Thurs. of next week to do a cook with one.

Sorry

I can't wait to try it though :)
Ordered some new rubs to try as well.

Say hello to Valentino Rossi, Maverick Vinales and Marc Marquez for me, one of those 3 dudes will probably win the race. My money is on Vinales but Marques has never lost at COTA and Rossi is the GOAT.

Say hello to Valentino Rossi, Maverick Vinales and Marc Marquez for me, one of those 3 dudes will probably win the race. My money is on Vinales but Marques has never lost at COTA and Rossi is the GOAT.

Ah!! I fellow MotoGP fan!! Welcome!!

I've been riding / racing motorcycles (MX/SX and sport bikes) all my life. It's my favorite sport.

Marquez is the Man at COTA but I hope VR46 or MV do the deed this year.

Last edited:
Have the briskets been wet aged at all? How are the cryovacs? They seem a little loose. Did you weigh them to see what they each weigh?

Have the briskets been wet aged at all? How are the cryovacs? They seem a little loose. Did you weigh them to see what they each weigh?

Looks to me like one of the cryos gave up in shipping, slaughter date is in January from the label, and I can't imagine them not aging them.. Sure would like to see one trimmed..

I did not weigh them. I don't have a scale at the moment. I did not get a chance to truly inspect them much because I have a short period of time to get them out of the shipping container and into my freezer and fridge. Unfortunately I will not get a chance to trim a couple in until Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest. Maybe Adam will come in and post some pictures of his that he has trimmed prior.

Slaughtered in January and freeze my may 10th? Seems like a long time

I would certainly not age it that long, it was Jan 20th slaughter, so your talking about nearly 15 weeks. Me I wouldn't go past ten, but they say, ( who ever ) that it has to go at least 6 or it hasn't been aged, so just short of 15 doesn't sound out of the question, but maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in

Can you point me to the brisket, I don't see them on the website.

apparently you have to text then call for brisket, my thoughts, ( which are probably wrong ) are that they usually turn them into their wagyu burgers, but they are having trouble moving the burgers, and this will dry up soon. Like I said, I am probably completely wrong..

Can you point me to the brisket, I don't see them on the website.

It seems like the site is actually different since about a couple weeks ago. I can't find them either. But, I know he has them. lol

Just contact Scott and I'm sure he can answer any questions.

Looks to me like one of the cryos gave up in shipping, slaughter date is in January from the label, and I can't imagine them not aging them.. Sure would like to see one trimmed..

Slaughtered in January and freeze my may 10th? Seems like a long time

They wet age for 30 days, then flash freeze on Day 31

And 30-35 days is optimal for the restaurant cuts…although some chefs do choose to age independently a little longer than that…not sure about the brisket however

Last point — the “freeze by” date is dictated by USDA code, it’s not what anyone practices (that I know of, at least!)

Last edited:
Unless the rules have changed the USDA does not require a freeze by date only a sale by date.

Back