PBC fired up for a special assignment. :becky:

Homemade Jagerwurst (Hunter sausage)

muJPLeKh.jpg

Taste test :thumb:

1bGLCqZh.jpg
Mission accomplished, sir!

I'm gonna have to try making my own some day!

You'll never look at store bought the same way again Thingfish. Give it a shot for sure.

That looks really good! I did some Italian sausage from a very good local Italian deli a couple of days ago and was thinking about posting a pic but you beat me to it.

Thanks SOG! Post up the pics. :thumb:

The pics are actually cured sausage and not fresh sausage.

If you cut that fat up into little bits, throw it in a crockpot with a little water - like 1/4 cup to keep the fat from sticking, etc. at the beginning, let it render, strain through a cheesecloth for tallow & then fry taters and whatnot in it, I guarantee you'll be glad you did.

After cooking 3 chickens I did a few raw Italian sausages to see how it'd work. Dunked them in ice water for five minutes to keep them from shriveling. Turned out pretty well.
25up1ef.jpg
[/IMG]

If you cut that fat up into little bits, throw it in a crockpot with a little water - like 1/4 cup to keep the fat from sticking, etc. at the beginning, let it render, strain through a cheesecloth for tallow & then fry taters and whatnot in it, I guarantee you'll be glad you did.

Saving up all my beef fat trimmings to make a good sized batch or tallow. Going to roll with your technique Greg. :thumb:

Dang, I need to check this thread more often. You guys are putting out some killer food! Very nice!

It's about time you got a PBC Jeanie.:becky: I can imagine all the cool things you'll do with it. :nod:

Every time I see one of your PBC cooks or check this thread, I want one too!
You have PBC cooking down to an art!! :mrgreen:

Every time I see one of your PBC cooks or check this thread, I want one too!
You have PBC cooking down to an art!! :mrgreen:

Thank you neighbor!:icon_blush:

Some great posts on here for sure.

Hello everyone and hope all is well. I'm back....

Going to do Chiken halves for the first time tomorrow on the PBC and looking forward to it.

Since I'm a novice with the Chicken, have a question for those have done it before. Going to rub with Oakridge, and am curious on how long in advance can you do so, obtaing good end results?

Much thanks in advance,
Rich

Hello everyone and hope all is well. I'm back....

Going to do Chiken halves for the first time tomorrow on the PBC and looking forward to it.

Since I'm a novice with the Chicken, have a question for those have done it before. Going to rub with Oakridge, and am curious on how long in advance can you do so, obtaing good end results?

Much thanks in advance,
Rich

Good to see you back Rich. I personally rub my chicken roughly half hour to 45 mins prior to them going in the PBC. I dust and wait for the seasoning to "sweat" through (tacky texture). Once it has completely sweated through then it's ready.

I just bought these. They seem to be good quality and hung at the right length. I did have a problem with wings sliding off into the pit. Saw a couple earlier posts about using metal binder clips or drilling a hole at the bottom for a cotter pin setup. Will have to try that next time.

BBQ Skewers,X-Chef 17-inch Stainless Steel Barbecue Grill Stick Skewers Set of 6 Amazon.com : BBQ Skewers, X-Chef 17-inch Stainless Steel Barbecue Grill Stick Skewers Set of 6 : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Thanks!

Good to see you back Rich. I personally rub my chicken roughly half hour to 45 mins prior to them going in the PBC. I dust and wait for the seasoning to "sweat" through (tacky texture). Once it has completely sweated through then it's ready.

Much thanks for the tip Sako. Its appreciated.

Once my frozen stash diminishes a tad further it will be time to use all 8 hooks- then the grate. I'm due a PBC Monster cook.

Back