Thanksgiving Eve Score

aawa

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well I check every day on Craigslist for several items. A few weeks before my first comp I had found a doubledecker cambro on wheels which helped a ton during the comp and for my dinner parties. Well today while at work I found another cambro, this time a regular one. I emailed back and fourth with the the person and went and picked this bad boy up for $60.

mJR9c73.jpg

It has some scratches on the back of it, but nothing major. The gasket is in perfect condition and there are no dings or holes in it. The inside is pristine.

If you are going to hold a 14# brisket in a cambro how much carry over temp can you expect? Same as a regular cooler?

If you are going to hold a 14# brisket in a cambro how much carry over temp can you expect? Same as a regular cooler?

Not sure, but I always vent off the heat from the meats before I stick it in the cambro. Cambros hold in heat much better than most consumer grade coolers.

Great score!

BigT, a Cambro is vented (the little white gizmo on the from), so the carry over isn't as much as a cooler, but most of the guys I know using either a Cambro or cooler allow their meat to vent after taking it out of the cooker and before putting it into the Cambro or cooler. This lets the meat cool down and stops the carry over.

Back