Canadian's taking advantage on brisket pricing

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Found a beautiful 13#+ brisket yesterday. Born raised harvested in Canada. Even flat nice round point. $2.26# USD. That's crazy. I'm used to $1.99 and lower now.

Seasoned up- Ozark Oak and a couple pecan chunks for fuel. Heading for a four hour smoke at 275'ish then a butcher paper wrap til tender.

Last edited:
I see the same(Ottawa), chuck at $7-$8/lb, and brisket is only ever available from butchers, at a premium

Really? I would have thought Ontario would be cheaper than where I'm from (Prairies)

Chuck roasts are about $5/lb, and my last brisket was about the same. Catch is I can only find brisket at a decent price in about 2 places. Both unforunately fairly far from where I live and work.

So let me get this straight, what we have here is a Texan buying Canadian Beef :shock:

Am I reading this right :razz:

If not my comprehension has always been questionable :loco:

Wish I could find Brisket under $4.40 a pound, don't ever move to FL, well unless you like to Surf and Fish :smile:

$5.69 a pound what my local butcher had this week for brisket, my go to butcher who cuts whatever I request sells the platinum brisket for $8 something ouch! I wish I lived closer to the border as Sam's club sells brisket for under $3 a pound usually.

Found a beautiful 13#+ brisket yesterday. Born raised harvested in Canada. Even flat nice round point. $2.26# USD. That's crazy. I'm used to $1.99 and lower now.

Nice to know they can transport brisket right past my door, all the way to Texas and sell it that cheap. It's still near $6.00/lb here.

Dang! Making me hungry for some high/low priced beef from Canada! What cooker did you use?

JUST got home from the mart of Wal........ brisket prices have toppled to $5.69/LB here. If you hit one of the mom & pop places with a butcher, they're usually a $1.00 to $1.50/LB more. I cant bring myself to pay that right now....

In Canada as well - My friend is a chef - he got me a 10lb Certified Angus Beef CAB Brisket for about $5lb. wholesale.. Retail was 17.00 per lb!! I thought brisket was sup. to be cheap cuts of meat?

I'm still puzzled by this whole thread. Normally it's Canadians getting taken advantage of on the price of brisket to subsidize our beef being sold south of the boarder.

Brisket prices in Canada are just God awful.

I'm still puzzled by this whole thread. Normally it's Canadians getting taken advantage of on the price of brisket to subsidize our beef being sold south of the boarder.

Brisket prices in Canada are just God awful.

Ambiguous observational humor !!

Back