MARINADE, SAUCE, and RUB FOR CHICKEN can be yours.

It's on!

I mixed up a half gallon of the Game Changer brine at full strength and started dunking leg quarters. I could only fit 6 of 8 in my bucket, so 2 are going to be "control" specimens. They are marked with toothpicks. After 2 hours in the pool, they came out and had a shower, and since the instructions said to season after that I sprinkled on my favorite Alton Brown chicken seasoning.

DIY vortex with a chimney full of Royal Oak + a few chunks of cherry. Now we wait. :)

quarters.jpg

That chicken looks great.

We are awaiting the results of your comparison between the control group and the brined group and to see your comments...

BTW: Nice choice on the platter.

Fantastic. I ate the skin separate on two thighs, which as pretty similar. The meat however was very different. Much more flavor on the brined meat, and the flavor is excellent. It might have been a bit more tender too. I'll be using the Game Changer again for sure. Thanks again IamMadMan!

Last edited:
Steve,

It looks like those were the two highlights of your package.... Great looking chicken and I am happy you enjoyed them....

Speidie Sauce review

My package contained a bottle of Speidie sauce and I decided to use in on some wings. The instructions said to marinate for 24 hours or more, so I put a bunch of wings in a gallon ziplock with the sauce on Saturday morning, with plans to cook them for Sunday dinner.

I didn't add any seasoning after they came out of the bag, they went right onto the kettle and cooked until crispy. My wife was helping and she turned them several times.

The flavor was quite wonderful. Not spicy, but just a good flavor. My wife likes Sweet Baby Rays, so about 6 got sauced lightly right before the came off. I tried one of those and it was very good. The Speidie+SBR made for an almost teriyaki flavor or something like that.

Many thanks IamMadMan!! :)

wangs.jpg

My package contained a bottle of Speidie sauce and I decided to use in on some wings. The instructions said to marinate for 24 hours or more, so I put a bunch of wings in a gallon ziplock with the sauce on Saturday morning, with plans to cook them for Sunday dinner.

I didn't add any seasoning after they came out of the bag, they went right onto the kettle and cooked until crispy. My wife was helping and she turned them several times.

The flavor was quite wonderful. Not spicy, but just a good flavor. My wife likes Sweet Baby Rays, so about 6 got sauced lightly right before the came off. I tried one of those and it was very good. The Speidie+SBR made for an almost teriyaki flavor or something like that.

Many thanks IamMadMan!! :)

Glad you had a chance to try something different and enjoy it as well. Spiedies is very popular in Central NY State, many Fire Departments use this for their BBQ Chicken Dinner fund raisers. Long lines of patrons waiting to get their chicken dinner.

To anyone that received the chiavettas in their gift pack I would highly recommend trying a recipe for green beans using it. These were the best I've had.

Marinated a rack of baby backs in the chiavettas for a couple hours. Seasoned with salt, pepper, white pepper, and a bit of chipotle powder. Cooked until fall off the bone mopping often with the chiavettas.

The ribs were great by themselves, but I actually cooked them for beans so I chopped the meat.

Took 2 pounds fresh green beans, added 3 cups chicken broth, a tbs of chiavettas, sweated shallots, salt and pepper. Ran the smoker at 325 until about half the liquid had evaporated. About half way through, I added the chopped rib meat.

These were out of this world.

To anyone that received the chiavettas in their gift pack I would highly recommend trying a recipe for green beans using it. These were the best I've had.

Marinated a rack of baby backs in the chiavettas for a couple hours. Seasoned with salt, pepper, white pepper, and a bit of chipotle powder. Cooked until fall off the bone mopping often with the chiavettas.

The ribs were great by themselves, but I actually cooked them for beans so I chopped the meat.

Took 2 pounds fresh green beans, added 3 cups chicken broth, a tbs of chiavettas, sweated shallots, salt and pepper. Ran the smoker at 325 until about half the liquid had evaporated. About half way through, I added the chopped rib meat.

These were out of this world.

Thanks for posting the recipe, they look great! added them to my to-do list.....

Back