Buying something new, but what????

I also done a bunch of research, a ton of reading in regards to a new smoker. I finally

pulled the trigger on a YS640. I do a lot of over night cooks and decided the Yoder would fit

my needs better at this time. I am still waiting to receive mine, should see it in the next two or three weeks.

I would also like to have a stick burner one day. Good luck with your decision.
Curious. My house is older and there aren't any outdoor electrical plugs. What is the current draw on these things? I would have to run an extension cord and want to keep it safe by using the appropriate one, if I went the pellet route. Thanks!

Curious. My house is older and there aren't any outdoor electrical plugs. What is the current draw on these things? I would have to run an extension cord and want to keep it safe by using the appropriate one, if I went the pellet route. Thanks!

I had to do the same thing. Just ran an extension cord out from my basement garage door and up to my patio area. Worked just fine with my YS480 I sold. You shouldn't have any problems.

Not sure why no one is talking about the Backwoods smokers. I have a large BGE and wanted something with more capacity for entertaining and most importantly- leftovers! I purchased a used Fatboy and it's perfect. Never made ribs or pork butts again in the egg. I'd give some thought into that line-just my 2 cents.

Buried deep in your post is the reason I cannot help you. I wish you well.

" I don't want to load my patio up with cookers"

This IMHO is sad.

Tongue firmly planted in cheek. Good luck.

JBS, what is that ABS all star? Can you give me specs on it. I really like the look of it.
its made by American Barbeque Systems, they are in Missouri, i think, Its similar in design to the Marshall, made be Good-One. Im lucky enough the have a store near me that sells both, so I could compare in person. The marshall was much to big for me. his All-Star has 3 racks, good air flow, a damper between the fire box and chamber. My first brisket is going on it tomorrow.

The Assassin 17 Gravity Feed is (IMHO) prefect for the backyard cook who likes to entertain. The quality is top notch & the level of service you get from Jeff Conley is second to none. Three racks, each capable of hold a full size pan, will give the extra smoking space you need. The gravity feed system with the Pitmaster IQ 120 (included ast standard equip) will lock in your desired cooking temp & hold steady for hours. I have run mine 16 hours on a little more than a single bag of charcoal.

Back