Revenge of the Ninja

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Last year i cooked for one of my general contractors annual party. It was a hit and this years turnout is expected to be 50% more.

I did brisket and ribs. The brisket, as always was a hit. Im confident in my brisket, its my signature bbq meat. My ribs fell short. There was this other guy, we'll call him Charles, who also did ribs. Par cooked in foil, sbr, gas grill sear to finish.

When the dust settled his ribs were gone first. Now it could have been random are dumb luck but i knew better. I had been taken down.

Now one year later i am plotting my revenge. Charlie doesn't even know whats coming.....no really. Ive been plotting this all year and for all i know he has no clue, doesnt care or has even forgot about the beat down he laid out. He definitely isnt ready for the heat im bringing this time.

Ive been practicing. I do ribs 2 ways. S & P no wrap no sauce and a spritz, or bbq rub and wrapped in sauce. Im going with #2 for this even though i prefer the salt and pepper most the time. Gotta cook to your audience.

Recent test run

These were slathered in molasses (move over mayo) and seasoned with slap yo mama plus coarse pepper and then foil wrapped in peach bbq sauce and grilled to finish.

I prefer Charlie and I will be bringing a beat down on you like the world has never seen. My boiled rib game is strong. :pound: bring it! :boxing:

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I think you have nothing to worry about.
Your humility should be enough to carry the day.

But just in case- practice can't hurt. Funny how stuff that does not start out to be a competition becomes one. Give Charles hell.
:grin:

That's how you improve.....being outdone by someone. Go get him!!!

Ninja, the silent killer. Charles never saw him coming, until his last gasp while holding a platter full of untouched ribs. The new champ rules:bow:

What's Bruno's choice?

PlowBoys Yardbird........Slightly thinned Sweet Baby Rays....Charlie won't stand a chance..... he'll be Ninjafied......

pkIs7dll.jpg

Very nice Steve. Will be waiting go your review
Bruno sound like me. Easy to please :biggrin1:

It's been a long time since I did ribs that drew back off the bone like that. Awesome!

I'm guessing the molasses imparts a richness that can't be duplicated any other way. Nice work. I too am with Bruno as long as I get a bone or 10.

Awesome looking Ribs mate, Molasses huh? :thumb:Havent seen that here since we moxed it with Chaff etc for Horses

Go forth an whup up on Charlie.

This ^^^^^^ may happen today, here, too.

I'm guessing the molasses imparts a richness that can't be duplicated any other way. Nice work. I too am with Bruno as long as I get a bone or 10.

Yes adds an underlying sweet element but is different from what most are use too. Gives good color too

Smoke Ninja... Those ribs look incredible!

Could you stick a couple of racks into a FedEx box and send them to Saudi Arabia?

Saudi Arabia! You sure are misplaced brother.

Awesome looking Ribs mate, Molasses huh? :thumb:Havent seen that here since we moxed it with Chaff etc for Horses

Pardon? :shock:

Go forth an whup up on Charlie.

This ^^^^^^ may happen today, here, too.

Its a good combo. Go light with the season. I like extra black pepper.

Look what arrived

Just in time. Some rubs for the big cook

Oakridge shipment. I Was out of black ops. The rest just fell into my cart. I swear.

brHQmloh.jpg

(Block ops, secret weapon, game changer, santa maria and a sampler pack)

Simply marveous shipment

Ive heard this combo is a winner. A test run shall be done tomorrow.

Back