Enchiladas Verdes con Pollo

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Wanted to make some Mexican food for Easter and wanted to do something different than Chili Rellenos this time. Since I just bought 2 dozen fresh tortillas how about Enchiladas? O.K. Enchiladas it is. Here is most of the ingredients for the Verde sauce.

And now on the kamado for a nice roasting.

And into the blender for a spin with the juice of one lemon.

Now cook up 2 chicken breasts with 2 tbsp. of oil and 1 cup of water.

Once the chicken is done I shred it and add ¼ diced onion and 1 cup of crumbled Queso Fresco.

Pour some of the sauce in the bottom of your baking vessel and some in a bowl to dip the corn tortillas in.

Heat up your tortillas and divide equal amounts of the chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll up. Once it's full place in the kamado (at 325) for 20 minutes.

And it’s done.

Plated shots with a Corona and lemon wedge.

Muy Beuno!

howz the heat factor on that dish? My wife has zero heat resistance for spicy. If it can be tamed this is gonna be one of my go-to dishes...any suggestion on turning the heat down?

howz the heat factor on that dish? My wife has zero heat resistance for spicy. If it can be tamed this is gonna be one of my go-to dishes...any suggestion on turning the heat down?
Heat Factor was very little. My 88 year old MIL was eating with us so I needed to keep it down. She ate an enchilada with rice and beans. (No hot sauce on her rice)

The recipe called for 6 to 8 jalapeños and I only used 3. Also roasting the jalapeños tames the heat a bit. And finally, removing the seeds and membrane really tames the heat. (See below)

13473880243_4082326579_z.jpg
[/url]

Back