Newest Old Country Pit - Smokehouse Vertical

Has anyone spotted one of these in the carolinas, or specifically florence, sc

I was at the Rockhill, SC store at the end of February and they had the full line of Old Country Smokers on site. I spent some time thinking about how I would get one on my plane back to Boston.....:mrgreen:

I'm probably not gonna buy one of these now cuz I just bought another pit, but I just saw one of these and laid hands on it last weekend at the Tulsa Academy. For $699 I was really impressed! Looks solidly built and large capacity. If I hadn't just spent more than I could afford on a gravity fed cooker, I would probably already own this!

Red

Did you ever get a charcoal basket made? I looked online at the Memphis store last nite, they didn't have one and it gave a number to call about availability. Seems like they aren't widely available yet.

Well I had submitted a review on Academy.com they posted it, then I thought of something else to add so I added a 2nd review and they took them off. ? Academy is a Bunch of Idiots. Even sent me a rejection email........ :roll:

Well I had submitted a review on Academy.com they posted it, then I thought of something else to add so I added a 2nd review and they took them off. ? Academy is a Bunch of Idiots. Even sent me a rejection email........ :roll:
That's crazy. Was it because you didn't get it directly from them? Or did the two reviews trigger some kind of red flag?

On 2nd one I added the firegrate wasn't good enough and needed more holes or cut out and expanded metal - guess they didn't like that.?

I am really thinking about buying this online. I can;t find it at the local Academy. The $80 shipping fee is a killer though.

I am really thinking about buying this online. I can;t find it at the local Academy. The $80 shipping fee is a killer though.

Call 1 800 Academy number and they can check stock at stores by SKU number then call store and verify. Might be one in 1-2 hrs from you.

Can't believe I'm typing this but I'm considering one, think I should master the uds first though. Wife's already scratching her head why I haven't got rid of the kettle I robbed the lid from 4 the uds.I do have a nice supply of red oak I'd like to put to good use.
Maybe the over under would be better.

Can't believe I'm typing this but I'm considering one, think I should master the uds first though. Wife's already scratching her head why I haven't got rid of the kettle I robbed the lid from 4 the uds.I do have a nice supply of red oak I'd like to put to good use.
Maybe the over under would be better.

Can't go wrong with SmokeHouse or the OvernUnder. They are both 14 guage but the style of the Smokehouse makes it a little more stout- not a major difference but a little. Both are EASY to cook on.

Can't go wrong with SmokeHouse or the OvernUnder. They are both 14 guage but the style of the Smokehouse makes it a little more stout- not a major difference but a little. Both are EASY to cook on.

If you had to pick one, would you want the smokehouse or over/under? I am debating on moving towards the smokehouse......

Back