A Few Questions About Walkerswood Jerk Products...

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
This stuff seems to get some great reviews, and I'd like to try some, but have a few questions for those of you who have used this:

1. What's the difference between the seasoning vs the marinade?

2. How would you describe the heat intensity of the mild, spicy, and hot versions?

3. Anyone try the BBQ sauce? how did you like it?

The seasoning is almost a paste. The marinade is much more liquid.
I've only had the "mild" & the "hot & spicy". Didn't know there was a middle variety.
The hot & spicy really is. You probably should get one of each. You can mix them to your liking. I'm not a big fan of the marinade (doesn't pack the punch of the straight seasonings), although I suppose you could mix it with the seasoning to extend it.

I've only had the "mild" & the "hot & spicy". Didn't know there was a middle variety.
The hot & spicy really is. You probably should get one of each. You can mix them to your liking. I'm not a big fan of the marinade (doesn't pack the punch of the straight seasonings), although I suppose you could mix it with the seasoning to extend it.

I was hoping you would chime in, Robert! Yes, this helps a lot. Anyone try the BBQ sauce?

fwiw - my local Cost Plus usually has the Hot & Spicy seasoning & sometimes the marinade.

That is about the best description I’ve seen :thumb: I am not a fan of the marinade either. The seasoning is good, but I prefer to make my own using one of Brother Phrasty’s recipes.

I don’t think I have seen the BBQ sauce.

The sauce is fairly sugary and not especially hot compared to the paste, imo. If you use the sauce, only put it on the meat near the end of the grilling or the sugar will burn. Maybe even sauce on the side. I would say it compliments the flavor from the jerk seasoning nicely.

Thanks to Robert, I'm afraid that I don't have too much to add.

I typically like more of the paste than the directions say. Also, know that there's a bit more salt/sodium involved than homemade Jamaican Jerk sauce/marinade. It's not overpowering or too much... just...

If I'm not with CINCHOUSE, this is my go-to for Jerk... seasoning :)shock: That reads awkwardly... but I'm OK with that).

I've used the spicy and the mild versions with great success. If you've got an overnight to give the meat, that's the best... but if not possible, a good few hours will do just fine.

Spritz the cooked results with some fresh lime, and you're talkin'!

Hope that helps.

I let some chicken stew in the back of the fridge with the hot for about four days (Yes, I forgot about it). Grilled it up... WOW that packed a wallop!

I have never tried the marinade, but the paste is freaking awesome. I haven't bought any in a long time, but now I've got to get some more. Honestly, since I've been injured, I haven't cooked much, and when I do, it's with Nether product. I never knew there were different varieties. I'm pretty sure what I've gotten was the spicy. You can control heat level by time on the meat before the cook, and, of course, by amount used. I love spicy foods, but the last time I cooked for a friend, or was too hot for him. Not hot for me but, oh so tasty. Get ya some. Heck, if I could, I'd buy it for you. If you don't like it, I'll be surprised. I have not tried the BBQ sauce. Didn't know it exists. I bet it's worth a try. Lost me know what you think.

What Robert said. To add, I like Jah Love from Oakridge better. Not that Walkerswood is not good but I prefer Oakridge having tried all.

Busha Browne is another good one I've heard about, haven't tried it personally.

Never tried the bbq sauce. Have had good results adding lemon or lime juice to the paste. Now I got to pick some up lol.

Busha Browne is another good one I've heard about, haven't tried it personally.

It's almost identical to Walkerswood Hot & Spicy, imho. Comes in little jars & costs more (around here, anyway).

Last edited:
I heard that. Also heard it's made in the same facility. No idea if that is in fact the case.

Back