Lang 84 Deluxe w/Chargrill or Lang 108 Deluxe w/Chargrill

Mexi "Q" Tioner

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Brethren, asking for some advice. I have an opportunity to purchase the 84 or the 108. Right now I run with 4 WSM's and am limited to space when it comes to catering. I have my heart set on the 108 since that will be more than enough room to handle any catering gig/multiple meats. My question is there much difference to how much more wood would be needed to fuel the 108 over the 84? I figure if im going to buy one, I'd rather go big than buy the 84 and regret not getting the 108. Any thoughts/advice?

I've run an 84 and a 108 side by side, and truthfully I don't recall the 108 burning that much more wood. The 108 is HUGE though. We had 100 butts in it jammed to the gills, and have had 50 in the 84.

I don't think you'll find many people saying "I wish I bought a smaller smoker" :-D

If you can afford the 108, just do it. It's better than getting an 84 and regretting it later.

I've run an 84 and a 108 side by side, and truthfully I don't recall the 108 burning that much more wood. The 108 is HUGE though. We had 100 butts in it jammed to the gills, and have had 50 in the 84.
Thank you for the reply :thumb:

I don't think you'll find many people saying "I wish I bought a smaller smoker" :-D

If you can afford the 108, just do it. It's better than getting an 84 and regretting it later.
Very true, lol and I figure if I do have a smaller catering gig, I can always fire up the WSM's like I do now.

I went to Country Boy BBQ here in Virginia. They have twin Lang108's that are trailermounted. Those things are impressive and I want one! They also had their Lang84 right by their twin setup and it looked like a baby smoker.

Go big or go home!

I have two Langs and can tell you that they are great cookers.

You must be cooking for some really. really big gatherings if you ordered the 108.

Looking forward to see pics of your new cooker when it arrives.

That's what I'm talking about. :thumb: Congrats officially!

Wow! That smoker looks very impressive indeed. Life is good!

Welcome to the stick side! :clap2:
Now burn some paint off that cooker.

Later,
Doug

Back