Crown Royal Apple for Que?

xjcrazy

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Bought a bottle of Crown Royal Apple the other day and although I'm not particularly fond of Crown, I'm more of a Ridgemont Reserve guy, it wasnt too bad mixed with cranberry Sprite or some sweet and sour. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it in their sauces, marinades or bastes?

I've drank a bottle of it. Very candy apple flavored. I expected something a little better I guess.

Great for nippin' off a flask at inappropriate places

Had plenty of whiskeys/bourbons but never any infused with apple. :shock: I usually do simmer a sauce of bourbon/butter/and brown sugar (in about equal parts) and put on ribs before and after the foil. That apple in the bourbon may be a nice addition to this...

More of a Jameson and 7-UP man myself haha but honestly hard for me to use some good whiskey/bourbon on anything else but drinking

Bloody shame to waste Crown but they started it by putting Apple flavor in it so I think it's fair game now.

I've used bourbon in a few things and it always comes out good. I say give it a shot.

Had plenty of whiskeys/bourbons but never any infused with apple. :shock: I usually do simmer a sauce of bourbon/butter/and brown sugar (in about equal parts) and put on ribs before and after the foil. That apple in the bourbon may be a nice addition to this...
I do a similar sauce/glaze. I add one part mustard. Cook it down some on stove to make a glaze for pork or poultry.

And, BTW:
I thought Crown Royal was a Canadian Whiskey, not Bourbon?

I do a similar sauce/glaze. I add one part mustard. Cook it down some on stove to make a glaze for pork or poultry.

And, BTW:
I thought Crown Royal was a Canadian Whiskey, not Bourbon?

Never thought of adding mustard...will try! Course ground I assume??

Not is sauce.

It make a decent Washington Apple. Just add Cranberry

Oroiginal recipe is Crown, Apple Pucker, and Cranberry. Good on a hot day and goes down like candy.

Never play Beer pong using Washington apple - Trust me!

Back