I moved to the Pacific Northwest

What brought you north ? I moved from the north bay of California 10 years ago , never looked back

My brother has been building his retirement home here for the last few years. I retired last year and parted ways with my lady, so I said fock it and pulled the pin. It's been crazy, but good. Everything has fallen into place. I landed on 40 acres for what my half acre cost back home and the weather here has been phonominal. Lovin it!

Californian moving to WA or OR? Now there is a shocker! ;-) Kidding. Welcome and enjoy Woodland. Pretty cool up there. Quiet too!

Yeah man, welcome to the land of 12 month smoking season!! I just built one in the kitchen to keep me out of the rain, but still, at least there's no ice outside. We're glad to have you here, we need more BBQ in this corner.

Would also say welcome to SW Washington!!! If you need anything I am only about 10-15 miles north of you!!

It's beautiful up there. My Wife and I head up to Stevenson all the time. We love it and want to eventually move to that town. Small town, nice people and you can't beat the views of the river. I'm envious and happy for you at the same time. Enjoy!

Dude! We're gonna miss you at the bashes! If I could get 40 acres I'd split too!

I lived outside of Portland for seven years. Beautiful country, amazing people, great wine, but my God that rain. I miss everything but that.

If I could get 40 acres I'd split too!

John-Pinette.jpg

I say "Nay Nay"

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I had no idea I had so many brethren so close by me. Cool!!! :clap:

Anyways. I just threw this beast onto the smoker for an all night cook and wouldn't you know it, my Maverick takes a dump. Oh well, time to go old school and keep an eye on the thin blue smoke chugging out.

Attachments

• 20150325_203250.jpg
    20150325_203250.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 49
Sounds like a great place to enjoy retirement. Yep, looks like you're hanging out with a whole buncha Brethrens up there.

I thought it was running a little low this morning (it was almost out when I went to bed around midnight, so I opened up all three intakes). Then I remembered I found this cheapy digital thermometer while packing to move that I had bought at Target a couple of years ago. Running at 239. I thought wrong.

Attachments

• 20150326_074115.jpg
    20150326_074115.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 30
The IT was between 176-196° F so I wrapped it in foil and shut down two of the intskes. I'll unwrap this afternoon to firm up the bark. Chows on at 4p.

Back