Any opinions on Zwilling J.A. Henckels Pure Cutlery?

chambersuac

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
For some reason, I cannot stop checking out the deals on the website woot.com
Even though I'm not looking to buy anything, I'm always interested to see their deals - and sometimes they have unique things for sale. Sometimes they have really good deals on backyard and kitchen stuff.

Now they are selling certain Zwilling J.A. Henckels Pure Cutlery, at what appear to be really good prices. I'm just curious if anyone uses them and if they are any good. I've never heard of the brand.

Here's a link to their section: http://www.woot.com/plus/zwilling-j-a-henckels-pure-cutlery?ref=cnt_wp_1

And, no, I don't work for the company and a, to promoting it...just wondering about the knives and thinking maybe some of y'all can use them, if they're good...

Thanks!

Henckels is a good brand, I had purchased several before I started buying the Wusthof PRO Series.

I use them also. They apparently make 2 grades of knives. the "lower" grade has one "man" (logo) stamped on the blade,and the "top" grade has two "men" on the blade.

My Henkel knives are over 20 years old and are great knives, but I've heard they have changed over the years. Not sure how, but just not made the same way or with the same materials. Not sure about that though.

These are good knives but not the best knives.

The positives:

These are made in Germany. Meaning they will last. It is not the cheap international line of Zwilling made in China, they are indeed the Zwilling line made in Germany

The bad:

They are not full tang but are only 3/4 tang. Which probably means nothing to most home users

Bottom line if you are in the market for knives and not looking for the highest of high end these are great knives at a fantastic price and should last you a lifetime if cared for properly

We have a couple of Henckels and they are great knifes. You won't be disappointed.

Dan,

I've had one for 25 years and it is a very good knife. You can buy a lot better and you can buy a lot worse. For a little more work than you will have a knife do in a home environment it will be fine.

Cheers!

Bill

I have a complete set of Henckel's Professional knives. They are made in Germany and the company has been around since the early 1700's. They are indeed full tang and of excellent quality. I would put them right up there with Wusthoff, which incidentally is made in the same town in Germany.
They will last a lifetime and your children's lifetime. They keep an edge very well - I only sharpen them about twice a year.

I have a complete set of Henckel's Professional knives. They are made in Germany and the company has been around since the early 1700's. They are indeed full tang and of excellent quality. I would put them right up there with Wusthoff, which incidentally is made in the same town in Germany.
They will last a lifetime and your children's lifetime. They keep an edge very well - I only sharpen them about twice a year.

Yes they have sets that are full tang. The ones for sale at woot are not full tang

They make a really good knife. The handles don't fit my hand well so I don't use them. I would go to a William Sonoma and pick a couple of different knives and see what fits your hand and go from there. Just a suggestion from someone that has spent a lot of money on knives that sit in a block never to be used. I prefer Shun Kaji but they are more expensive than the average person is willing to spend on a knife.

Side note: Woot rocks!! HAvn't been there in a while, they still do the wootoffs? Proud owner of a BOC.

Side note: Woot rocks!! HAvn't been there in a while, they still do the wootoffs? Proud owner of a BOC.

Woot has changed a bit since the beginning. They now have different categories, so there is more than one item to sell per day. The descriptions are still worth reading. Yes, still have woot offs. And I've been trying for a BOC since 2005. I could have had one,last week,,but I didn't even have the three bucks for it - or the five dollar shipping. One of these days, a BOC will be mine...flying monkey and all. :clap2:

That would be Screaming Flying Monkey...

It flies. It screams. It annoys the hell out of everyone. It sells like hotcakes on eBay. And it does it all in dapper, dastardly black. It's the newest, baddest, blackest Screaming Monkey, here to wave goodbye to yet another Woot-Off.

And so the triad is complete. Rising from the stygian depths to join his red and green brethren, this black-caped Screaming Monkey closes the unholy circle. Is the black costume actually a malevolent alien intelligence controlling the monkey for its own evil purposes? No, you're thinking of Spider-Man. This is just a regular old monkey in a new outfit. Er, we mean, this is the greatest ecommerce event in the ecommerce history of ecommerce! Buy, buy, buy! Bye-bye!

(The things I save knows no bounds, I am hoarder extraodinaire)

I have an almost complete set and the cleaver with the block. Have been very pleased and takes about half the time to prep St. Louis ribs.

I have been using a set of Henkles vier stern (four star) for several years now and love them.

VR,
Harold

I've had a full set of top of the line Henckels for about 25 years. They are used constantly in our kitchen. I sharpen them twice a year, but I use the steel on them at least weekly. They are all in brand new condition. I'm sure my daughter will inherit them and pass them on.

That would be Screaming Flying Monkey...

It flies. It screams. It annoys the hell out of everyone. It sells like hotcakes on eBay. And it does it all in dapper, dastardly black. It's the newest, baddest, blackest Screaming Monkey, here to wave goodbye to yet another Woot-Off.

And so the triad is complete. Rising from the stygian depths to join his red and green brethren, this black-caped Screaming Monkey closes the unholy circle. Is the black costume actually a malevolent alien intelligence controlling the monkey for its own evil purposes? No, you're thinking of Spider-Man. This is just a regular old monkey in a new outfit. Er, we mean, this is the greatest ecommerce event in the ecommerce history of ecommerce! Buy, buy, buy! Bye-bye!

(The things I save knows no bounds, I am hoarder extraodinaire)

Wow, now that brings back a memory. I think I have two of those around here someplace. :doh:

We got our set of Henkel Pro S knives as a wedding gift. I have been very happy with the knives.

Note: I don't know who is more possesive of them between my wife and I. She is constantly reminding me to not put them in the dishwasher...I never have so I don't know why she does this.:confused:

Back