Pitmaster T MKT Series - Two way Meatloaf or BiSalisbury Steak

Pitmaster T

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have been wanting to do this ever since I posted that thread with the Railroad Recipes in it. Then I saw it on DDD, something similar and figured, hey, I want to combine these recipes.

SADLY, my hands free cam ran out of batteries in the middle of the cook and I had to use my ipad so its a bit shakey. Plus I was not able to make the Meatloaf Glaze.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgLgTUXwqCE&feature=youtu.be"]Pitmaster T's - Two Way Meatloaf or BiSalisbury Steak - YouTube[/ame]

Basically you make your meatloaf like you want

Since this is q talk let's say its 2 parts beef and 1 part pulled pork....

and then wrap in butcher paper and cook that way then chill down. In this way you can bring a loaf to your event and slice and FLATOP on order....

Salisbury steak gets a gravy of 2 parts brown gravy one part ketchup.brown sugar and Worcestershire like you get on meatloaf.

Meatloaf is just the reverse.... 2 parts meatloaf gravy and one part brown gravy. Onions are grilled and dumped on too.

I needed to simply add more egg to the bread crumbs an also... since so much moisture was locked up in the wrap and chilled with the loaf.... the steaming part really did not need the squirt of water.

Bob, I wonder if my MBU Burner could be fashioned to a nice Discada?

Nice, Donnie. I like the loaf in the butcher paper thing. The dish reminds me of an old "Blue Plate Special".:-D

Thanks Gary.... I was just thinking.... I wonder what it would be like kept on the paper and smoked in the hot spot of a pit? Hmmm?

Back