Has this ever happened to you.

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Went out and took the cover off my pellet grill to get it set up to cooks some burgers. I noticed the grease bucket that hangs off the lower side was gone. The last time I used it, it was near full. I have another one so that was not a problem, but I wonder if maybe a raccoon took it or maybe a German Shepard from across the street, those would be the only animals I can think of that were big enough to do this. There was not a drop of grease around the cooker, and I did not find it anywhere around the yard, so I am a little perplexed. I guess from now on I will empty it when done and place the container inside the cooker.

One other thing, I am trying something new to me. We are having FF with the burgers I deep fried all but a couple handfulls which I put on the top shelve in the cooker just to see how they turn out. Anyone else ever do that?
Dave

The FF I cooked in the pellet grill turned out great, crisp outside creamy inside, just like I like them, with just a hint of smoke. Next time I would like to try seasoned steak fries.
Dave

something similar happened to me , I cleaned my cooker and was letting the smoker cool down and knew I needed to scrape out my bucket . went to do it and all the grease was gone ? next day I woke up and my boxer pooed all over my living room , busted .

Thank heavens my little dog is to small to reach it.
Dave

I don't know about the grease bucket thing but I do cook fries on the gasser and the kettle on a regular basis. I just season them up usually with Tony C's or Slap Yo Mama and throw them in a basket and onto the grate. Toss them around some to cook on all sides. Better than fried. That says a lot coming from a southern man.:wink:

Yes ..I have 3 German Shepherds... happened once and the next day I found out which one was guilty!!! Not in the house but I saw him doin the walk outside and he wasnt happy !!:twitch:

Those raccoons have learned how to get into the rugged trash cans I have, so taking a bucket off a hook is more than do-able. Those bahstids are crafty, and intelligent. I recommend a have a heart trap, then relocate. Or disposal. Whichever your local laws dictate.

Catch the coon and show him the inside of the smoker,they eat good.

I have had raccoon, you are right it is good, but my family would never eat anything ever cooked on that grill again.:sad:
Dave

The FF I cooked in the pellet grill turned out great, crisp outside creamy inside, just like I like them, with just a hint of smoke. Next time I would like to try seasoned steak fries.
Dave

After mods on my cheap stick burner, I bought cheap arse Wally world biscuits to check how even the temps were thinking I would just toss them afterwards. Those were amazing and I love them cooked with fire.

Complete breakfast on the stick burner or fire pit is the best. Stick burner is muck more smoky!

Back