63-day Dry-Aged Cowboy Chop Cooked! PRON!

jwtseng

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to wish all the dads out there a Happy Father's Day! Hope everyone's doing something with fun, food, and family today!

About a month ago, I cut open this bone-in ribeye subprimal that I had dry-aged for 63-days via Umai...

Mp7fb4Yh.jpg

D0SALZah.jpg

As a special treat for me, I cut out this giant 4-inch-thick, 41-ounce cowboy chop and hid it away in the freezer...

MzQ1hoqh.jpg

I meant to save it for a really special occasion with plenty of alone time lol, but I just couldn't get it out of my mind. So yesterday, I got some time by the pool and decided to pull it out and grill it from frozen on a little satay grill that I had laying around. Needless to say, it was a loooong grilling session with lots of flipping and basting and plenty of tempering time on and off the grill. Here are some pics I got of my little one-man party from the hottub...

tArLsZ1h.jpg

Tsd77kjh.jpg

rU1NEbph.jpg

YHtzK7Hh.jpg

PQgx4Lah.jpg

qW2iEXKh.jpg

JnMnSyvh.jpg

7Xok7sNh.jpg

n5iz0Fhh.jpg

Really, really good stuff. Exceptionally tender with a decadently distinctive flavor.
This became a meal for 5. Fun day. Gotta start another Umai project!

:thumb:

You could knock me over with a feather, I mean a chop. Beautiful.

Thank you guys! It was an interesting cook, being that I pulled the chop straight out of the deep freeze and did all the seasoning and stuff on the fly...I mean grill...on the grill.

The inside is perfect man,,,,,but,,,,,all that charcoal on the out side is a bit much for MY taste..

i really like a crust but dont like burnt..

but to each his own and i like the pix :)

I knew I shouldn't have peeked at this thread. I'm starving! lol Looks amazing James, delicious!!

Words can not do this justice... Thanks for sharing excellence.

Looks great!

I am at 40 days now and planning to take it out next weekend.

Back