Been a busy couple of weeks...

Drh7003

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I haven't had a lot of time to peruse the posts. Fall is coming on fast here in PA and I have been cooking every weekend thus far.
I smoked close to 40# of pork shoulders for a church function, which was not as well attended as we would have liked, so I had a lot of left overs. Thankfully smoked pork freezes well, and I took some on vacation and fed my friends.
I had the opportunity to help out (meat station) at middle ages reenactment group with a feast for 100. We made beef (roasted/smoked top round-think a medieval version of Maryland style pit beef), Goose, and stuffed pork roast. The feast went off well and I received a standing ovation for the meat. It was liked so well, that I was asked to cook again at a more prestigious event.
This week was my wife's birthday, and while not BBQ, I did make her a meal fit for a queen. Grilled porterhouse steak, crab cakes and broccoli rabe. Along with a birthday cake...
As winter comes around, I look forward to slowing down and getting back to some low and slow cooking!

Back