1st time andouille

bbqwilly

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Thanks to the brethren I wanted to try my hand at making sausage. A huge thanks to brother Shagdog. He hooked me up with a grinder and answered every question I had. Thanks again brother.

I ground up 5lbs of pork butt. Added my spices and let it sit over night.
image_zps0kam47dw.jpg

image_zpswxylvstd.jpg

image_zpslsajeowf.jpg

The next day I stuffed it into natural casings. This was an experience. I had a blow out about every other link.

image_zpstrjnnjju.jpg

Finally I fired up the warmer on my Shirley and smoked them to an IT of 147

image_zpsxq7nwoh5.jpg

image_zpshktjlmkz.jpg

image_zpsdnzbw2wg.jpg

These things were amazing. I'm hooked and can't wait to try new sausages. Thanks again to everyone who has posted sausage cooks, I'm sure I have looked at them at one point or another during the past week.

That looks great, brother! Wish my first batch looked that good :thumb:

I'm a sausage nut and that looks awesome! I've gotta get the hardware and try to make my own.

Very nice...it all seems so easy until you try it yourself. Reminders me that it's time for another round.

they look great!!! I made a batch a few weeks ago and loved them!!! I froze them after I smoked them for jambalaya dishes

I'm so looking forward to my next batch of sausage! Hopefully this weekend. Looks awesome!

Those look great will.

I don't think Shag uses that grinder anymore!

They look great, we all have blowouts when we first start,experience will fix that.
No turning back now.
Challenge you to make some Saveloy.:thumb:

Phabulous!
Since I got a meat grinder I'm totally hooked on grinding my own meats and making sausages.
Have much Phun with it!

Looks great from here! I'd definitely be excited to try some of that andouille

Great job on that Andouille! Looks like a professional job to me.

Another good Andouille recipe is on the NOLA Cuisine website. That's pretty much my go to recipe now. Check it out when you have some time.

Back