? BBQ in SLC, Ut

$billBBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
need a little help I will be in SLC, UT next week and have time to visit one BBQ joint. Out of the 3 (or let me know if I missed a must try joint) below that seems close to where I will be staying which one is the must try.

R&R BBQ
Kaiser’s Barbecue
Pat’s Bar-B-Que

Thanks -Bill

I'll be there in June, so I'm very interested in where the good eats are there as well.

We have a brethren "Meat Man" here who is from SLC. He is a great comp cook, and has a meat market in Salt Lake City. Based on their website, it looks like they smoke stuff there also

Snider Bros. Meats
6245 Highland Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84121
(801) 272-6469
http://www.sniderbrosmeats.com/

Team name is "Got Smoke Bar-B-Que"

Have never eaten at R and R or H&D but Ive competed against them so I know they can cook.

Any updates on any of the places listed? I'll be in Salt Lake April 10 - 13 and thought I might give one or two of these a try.

Too bad you can't hit em all. R&R is really good and their sides are delicious. Bam Bams is authentic Texas BBQ, he spent 6 months with La Barbecue working for free.

Bam Bam's BBQ in Orem. Best BBQ in Utah in my opinion. His brisket and Turkey are great! He is 30-40 min out of SLC but its worth it.

www.bambamsbbq.com

I passed this recommendation on to a guy in the Salt Lake area I work with. He went to Bam Bam's yesterday. His review was pretty negative. He said I should not waste my time trying them. He had their brisket. On the other hand, he has also been to R&R and he highly recommends them.

Not BBQ, but has anyone been to Lucky 13 for a burger? I understand they smoke their own bacon.

Q4U. He's actually now Q4U BBQ Truck since he's been mobile for a while. He used to have a few restaurants in the Salt Lake area few years back and he was pretty good and definitely a local favorite. Don't know how the food truck is because I've just been to the restaurant when I was up there and I liked it.

http://q4ubbqtruck.com/

Back