Yay or nay to brisket injection

Randyvan1

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I'm not asking for your secrets, but who injects their briskest and who doesn't. If you want say why, great.

For competition, definitely inject. It adds flavor and helps keep moisture,so I don't know why you wouldn't.

I inject. I use FAB B mixed on the thinner side. I personally like the flavors that Fab brings to the table.

I havent cooked at a competition yet but I inject to help keep it moist and give it a little extra flavor.

Inject with Butchers.

And, it's OK to ask. Frankly, there are no secrets. Anyone who thinks there are secrets is mistaken...

Oh, here's a secret; I double the amount of water called for by Butchers and let it "set up" overnight before injecting... Shhhhh....

Yes to injection. We don't have an injection we consistently use. Have used beef broth, Butchers, and a homemade blend with phosphates, with varying degrees of success.

I inject. Anything you can do to keep as much moisture as possible in the meat from the time you shut the box to the time the judges taste it is worth doing IMO.

I agree with Post #3. There are so many advantages to injecting that I can not come up with a reason why someone wouldn't inject.

I've injected with Fab, Butchers, and Kosmos and tried each with water or beef broth. Depending on the grade of beef I am cooking will help determine which I use. Fab seems to have the most potent flavor, and I have had staining issues, but can give a cheaper less marbled piece of meat some great flavor.

Staining never happened with Butchers. I would say Butchers is the most consistent with moisture and not over powering flavor.

For competition, I inject. Butcher's Brisket Injection. I do make it a few days before the comp to let the flavors meld.

I don't compete, but I inject with Kosmo's mixed with beef broth at half strength from what the directions call. I inject the night before.

There's just something about injecting a waygu gold that is sacreligious to me. I've been on, off and on the needle, this weekend I am NOT injecting. I've wondered what would happen just injecting water???

Back