13lb brisket for $13.00

Friction33

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Someone posted this on another site I visit. Thought I would share. Store marked 13 lb brisket for price of ribs. Would you?

908680e2fc0d3949bca3bbbd39d30841_zps810f92d2.jpg

In a heart beat! What they have it marked for is the selling price. Too bad for the poor meat market employee that may be looking for another job.:sad:

Blessings,

Omar

Actually they are selling 4.51# of meat for $2.97/pound=$13.39 total, a screw-up but a good price for brisket.

I'd feel guilty but I'd be tempted.:twisted:

Ya know, some years ago, I woulda done it without a second thought, coulda justified it easy enough, but as I have gotten older honesty has become much more important to me. Truth be told, I wouldn't enjoy a single bite, but hey, that's just me:wink:.

KC

I wouldn't buy it because it is a "select" grade brisket. It might be ok for grinding up in to hamburgers but it's missing the proper marbling for me to waste the time smoking it.
That looks like Walmart. I'd do it allday.
If it were a local store owned by an actual human being I'd bring it to the butcher.
You and I think alike.

I wouldn't buy it because it is a "select" grade brisket. It might be ok for grinding up in to hamburgers but it's missing the proper marbling for me to waste the time smoking it.
You and I think alike.

I normally try and buy better meat but for labor day I didn't have time to go hunting and my normal butcher has raised the price just a little to high for me so wally select it was. Nice big 14 lbs er. Came out as good as any I've done if not the best. I look for a floppy brisket first, even thickness second. The floppyness is important.

I picked up 4 briskets yesterday at Walmart for $1.77/lb. They've been selling them at $3.38/lb so I jumped all over it. They only had 5 in the case but one of them just looked nasty. Others weren't the best in the world but haven't seen that price in ages.

About 2 years ago I stumped across Walmart briskets at like $.99/lb so I cleaned them out. When I got home I noticed the label was for chicken ! Didn't feel real bad about it either.

That looks like Walmart. I'd do it allday.

If it were a local store owned by an actual human being I'd bring it to the butcher.

This right here. Yes.
Each and every bite would taste spectacular.
And when I'm sitting in church, I'd thank the Lord Jesus for providing such an awesome meal for my family at a wonderful price.

I would do it in a heartbeat if it was Walmart since they are the root of all evil. But like smoke ninja I wouldn't if it were a mom and Pop type store.

I normally try and buy better meat but for labor day I didn't have time to go hunting and my normal butcher has raised the price just a little to high for me so wally select it was. Nice big 14 lbs er. Came out as good as any I've done if not the best. I look for a floppy brisket first, even thickness second. The floppyness is important.

Yep. This...I don't even look at the grade stamp anymore. Hard to find anything better without giving up first born.

You and I think alike.

:crazy:

Ya know, some years ago, I woulda done it without a second thought, coulda justified it easy enough, but as I have gotten older honesty has become much more important to me. Truth be told, I wouldn't enjoy a single bite, but hey, that's just me:wink:.

KC

I don't think I could have ever enjoyed it at someone else's expense. It's just how I was raised.

The majority of briskets that I've smoked have been select. I'll pick a good lookin' select over a not as good lookin' choice any day. Seldom encounter prime ones and probably wouldn't pay a high price but if there wasn't much difference I'd try it.

Back