THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

Smokin Ribs

is one Smokin' Farker
I used Stubbs charcoal for the first time today and was really impressed.
Is it just me or does it seem to burn longer than Kingsford and Royal Oak?

I make my own lump, but Stubbs is my "go to" when I don't want to use my lump. I really like the way it cooks and very little ash.

Generally use lump but usually keep a bag of Stubbs on the side. Best briquette I've tried. Doesn't have the funky odor or add weird flavor like most briquettes. Feel comfortable adding it to a smoke in progress.

Lowes is one of the only places I've seen it

Stubbs (when I can get it) and Royal Oak Chefs Select are my favorite briqs.

Both out perform KBB and regular RO.

I still use regular RO briqs just because they are cheaper.

I ran out of Stubb's and grabbed some Kingsford Competition this weekend to make due - took probably 50% more fuel and I chased temps the entire first half of the smoke, something that never happens with Stubb's.

Glad you guys all dig it because I bought a bag to use this weekend. Lowes had white bags and brown bags. The white Stubbs said all natural and the brown said 100% all natural what is the difference?

Stubb's can't be beat. Not sure why I even bought this KBB I stockpiled back during the sales. I guess it was in case everyone discovered how superior Stubb's is to KBB and a shortage ensues. So far I haven't had to resort to using any of the KBB. Lowe's has been doing a good job keeping Stubb's in stock, but Walmart, not so much.

I dont understand where people come off with the "much less ash" comment and "no nasty smell". I went through about a dozen bags of it before I said never again. Couldnt tell the difference between KBB ash levels, didnt smell chemically, but stunk anyways. I actually had to look down my chimney at a contest because it stunk so bad, I though I had a dead mouse in my smoker.

Another one for Stubbs. Way less ash and burns clean. The smell is heavenly. All our Lowes stay stocked, Wal Mart is hit or miss.

I use Stubbs. A lot of times I'll use a few briquettes to ignite the lump in my smoker. I find it at Wal Mart locally quite often.

Back