Special Project for a Friend!

That is a fine looking grill!! Nice job to say the least. Your friend is lucky to have a buddy of your caliber. :thumb:

I'm curious to know how this turns out when you surprise him with it all restored and looking good.

Well, dropped it off yesterday. He was at a loss for words and did not expect it. He was very appreciative of the gesture and the gift. While he didn't get teary eyed, his wife did. Beers ended up happening, swimming, and broke in the grill with some lump and leg quarters. No pron as the rain caught us. Was glad to make this happen and glad that you all could be a part of it too. Even came back home with a nice sheet of expanded metal he gave me.
Like I said before, Paul is more than a friend, he's family and a Brother!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 17
I really like this little cooker, I can imagine it being a great thing to cook on actually. And you did a great job. Look at those happy faces

I really like this little cooker, I can imagine it being a great thing to cook on actually. And you did a great job. Look at those happy faces

It's in the style of those park grills you see. It cooked very nicely and by adjusting the coal grate up or down made for creating hot and cool spots very easy. Plus, face the back into the wind and it creates it's own wind break. I'm thinking you could even use the space under the coal pan as an oven for making biscuits, cornbread and roasting stuff like corn, etc.
No, we didn't coordinate the red shirts! Lol:mrgreen:

Back