Headed to Tuscaloosa Shirley Fab Shop

Smoke®

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm excited about tomorrow morning, going to meet Paul and order a cooker. I probably don't need a large smoker because it's just my wife and I at home but I justified it for two Sunday School cookouts and two family cookouts. I really don't know exactly what I'll order until I get there but it'll be some type patio model for my cook shed. I have a good source for wood and getting out, cutting and splitting will be good for me. I cook 3 to 4 times a week on a mini wms and a 22" weber and have an electric for a resting box.
It'll probably be a 24X50 with a heating box. Anything you guys can think of that's a must have on a cooker this size?

Anything you guys can think of that's a must have on a cooker this size?

First, congradulations that you are going to get a new Shirley pit. I picked one up myself a few months back. Brother you will not be disappointed in the least. The one thing that I highly recommend no matter what size you get is to have the warmer box installed. It turns your pit into 3 cookers in 1. The warmer adds extra cooking space as well as expanding your options on how to cook substantially. Heck I use the warmer more than I do the horizontal chamber. I highly recommend the warmer my friend. And again, congradulations.

congrats you are going to love it.paul and tyler do excellent work.make sure you get the damper from the fire box into the warmer. i also got the extra warmer shelf.they come with 2 standard so get 3.:clap2:

It was my pleasure to meet Paul, Tyler and Buster this morning. I've worked as a welder fabricator, certified welding inspector and supervised that type work for 32 years before I retired and just a glance at their work was all I needed. Got in line for a new cooker!

great choice.... I would love to have one. i would have to have the small trailer tires and the wagon front end i think they are so cool. congrats!!!

Back