The Blackstone Griddle passed it's first test

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I haven't even seasoned it yet. I tucked the Blackstone Griddle into a corner spot in front of another grill until I figure out where I want to park it.

1fe054b7-fe9f-4334-a5c2-ed0b1161349a_zpsghj15vex.jpg

I had covered the Blackstone with a tarp, tied the tarp on with nylon rope. (Didn't have a cover for it yet)

One of those good ole Oklahoma storms blew through last night and this was what I found this morning.

The Blackstone hadn't budged...

ec632475-36a1-4477-8eec-cfcd9c8f9b98_zpsieuphcfx.jpg

5698bbdd-677d-46b9-95ef-49a6624d5bc6_zpshbg4qsdw.jpg

but the grill sitting behind it was sucked out by the wind...

windblown%20cooker%20002_zpsgoasnhlk.jpg

windblown%20cooker%20006_zpsuby46j8y.jpg

windblown%20cooker%20007_zps6gqrz8fw.jpg

baf6c3d7-7116-4711-9699-266913d0fc07_zpsnvnebpv4.jpg

The drip pan for the Blackstone was missing (I found it later) but other than that, looks like no damage at all. :thumb:

No sign of the tarp but I'm expecting the Blackstone cover to arrive soon.

I think I'm going to love this thing!

Great lightening display from the SW side of the storm. Looking forward to some great photo cooks

Ouch Jeanie! Poor gasser.

Thanks Sako! It was a gasser that I hadn't used in awhile. I have two of this model and didn't know what to do with this one. It's been tucked in the corner out of the way. I still hate to see any cooker get damaged.

Great lightening display from the SW side of the storm. Looking forward to some great photo cooks
Wasn't the lightening awesome! The electricity was out so it looked so cool! :becky: Thanks Adams!

Sorry about the gasser, but I cant wait to see what you do with the blackstone!
Thank you Fat Cap! I'm really looking forward to trying this griddle out. I think it's going to be handy to have.

I'd love to use this to make carnitas similar to this...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213076

I'd roast the shoulder and then do corn tortillas on the griddle...also some onions, garlic, etc....

These griddles look awesome!

Thanks for the link, those look delicious Trout Bum!! I am hoping to use it for beef cheek tacos during deer season. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202323
I think I'll love having the extra cooking space.

Laughin' with you Jeanie...at least I hope you're laughing!...weather never ceases to amaze!

lol It really is amazing what the weather can do!! I keep all of my cookers tied down on my patio but didn't think to tie these two down. They are tucked away around a corner.
I helped friends clean up after a tornado once... the things wind can do is mind boggling. :shocked::grin:

Well---HECK!

I was thinking of buying a Blackstone, but if the drip pan can not even handle a little wind....
I may have to reconsider. 8)

Cant wait to see some of your cooks on that.

TIM

Well---HECK!

I was thinking of buying a Blackstone, but if the drip pan can not even handle a little wind....
I may have to reconsider. 8)

Cant wait to see some of your cooks on that.

TIM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Tim!! Thanks :biggrin1:

Jeanie,
Glad to see it survived the storm.
Are we going to see something delicious off it this weekend?

You are going to love it. I've used ours for every meal, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
It cooks them all very good. I made tavern burgers and fries tonight, best greasy ole
fries I've had in a long time. So git usin it and report back LOL.

Hope the gasser survived the wind, looks a little worse for wear, but still usable, at least I hope.

Just ordered the 28" ? Blackstone

:whoo:Great!! :mrgreen: Looking forward to your cooks Adams!
Hey...at least you know it's West Texas wind proof! lol

Jeanie,
Glad to see it survived the storm.
Are we going to see something delicious off it this weekend?
Thank you Marty!! I hope to play with it this weekend. I have been trying to season it this afternoon. Still have a way to go. :grin:

Cant wait for you to fire that baby off.
Thanks Jamaica! :mrgreen:

You are going to love it. I've used ours for every meal, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
It cooks them all very good. I made tavern burgers and fries tonight, best greasy ole
fries I've had in a long time. So git usin it and report back LOL.

Hope the gasser survived the wind, looks a little worse for wear, but still usable, at least I hope.
lol I've been watching your cooks. They're awesome!!!
I have my heart set on an onion smash burger. If I get the chance I'm going to have to make one tomorrow.
Thanks!

Back