Dino Bones-Pron

I picked up an impressive plate of short ribs recently. As a bark lover I really wanted to try a new shaker of Tatanka Dust. Cooked on a Weber Performer, hot and fast at around 300 F. Wrapped in parchment at 170 and pulled when it probed like butter. Apple chunks for smoke. WOW is all I can say.
Very nice! The full sized beef ribs are one of my favorite things to cook as well, especially when I want some beef but not necessarily a long brisket cook! This is the second thread today that I've seen on beef ribs, I think that's God's way of telling me to cook some this week! LOL!:pray::grin:

Love a good short rib. Can get them uncut at the local Hispanic Super Market, otherwise all that is available are them little bitty things that I use for Asian cooking.

Where I am at they sell short ribs usually in a package of 5 individual bones each. They also sell the cross cut bones. I asked my grocery store butcher this weekend and he said the could sell me short ribs on a rack. It's on my to do list...

That's how i buy mine by the rack. Sometimes i have the butcher cut them crosscut rite down the middle of the rack.

Back