• Cheese & Fresh Basil Pizza...

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I was talking with The Missus the other day about pizza - we've never made a plain cheese pizza, ever. I can't remember the last time I had just a plain cheese pizza, it's probably been a decade or more.

So we decided to change that. Dough proofed and stretched on The Super Peel:

IMG_2696_zpsutytbpl5.jpg

Added homemade sauce:

IMG_2697_zpso9t227bt.jpg

Then cheese:

IMG_2699_zpsqrsewlmx.jpg

Fired up the Blackstone and put the pie in when the stone temp was about 680 degrees:

IMG_2701_zps28plxhs0.jpg

About 2 mins later:

IMG_2707_zpsjzyk6uf3.jpg

Here's what it looked like after I pulled it out:

IMG_2708_zpso4g0c3kw.jpg

Dusted with dried oregano, then sliced:

IMG_2711_zpsetcxbx6b.jpg

The Missus sort of derailed my plan for plain cheese, and picked some fresh basil from the garden, so I put that on just to make her happy. Might as well cover the whole pie:

IMG_2712_zpsvfhpy7ix.jpg

Two slices ready to eat:

IMG_2713_zpsegqirp8u.jpg

It was very tasty!

Sometimes a plain cheese pizza is the best option. :clap2:

Farkin Fark! Need a Blackstone spinner now! These needs don't end do they?

Sometimes a plain cheese pizza is the best option. :clap2:

We'll be doing this more often, for sure! Without a bunch of toppings, the cheese, sauce, and crust really stand out.

Looks awesome Richard!! I want to buy the super peel and was wondering which you think suits the BS best?

Looks awesome Richard!! I want to buy the super peel and was wondering which you think suits the BS best?

Sako,

This is the one I have, which is 16 inches wide - the exact width of the stone in the BS oven. With this one, you can get a 15-15.5 inch wide pie on the BS oven, no problem:

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/EXO-BIG-16-Aluminum-Cherry/dp/B00QFLDR6W/ref=sr_ph_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480133040&sr=sr-1&keywords=Super+Peel"]Amazon.com: EXO "BIG 16" - 16" Super Peel Pizza Peel with Aluminum Blade and Black Cherry Handle: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

The standard size is smaller, at 14 inches in width.

I did a pretty detailed write up on my blog a while back, which will walk you through the nitty gritty:

http://mooseonfire.com/home/2016/7/20/product-review-the-super-peel

As always, feel free to PM or call with any questions. :thumb:

Looks like a tasty Pizza, I'm with your wife on the Basil:thumb:

Really nice pie Moose!

I made pizza tonight also, going to try a plain cheese one too after seeing yours

Back