Bride building a pallet garden--SCORE

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Bride requests me accompany her to Sam's for soil for her new project. I just "happen" to make it to the meat isles and find this.

Last edited:
Nice! I love meat that comes with a handle...

Those steaks look amazing. Nice score Adams!!

side note... not sure what kind of pallet garden your Mrs. is preparing. Just a heads up... not all pallets are safe around veggies or herbs. (you probably already knew that).

Looking forward to your cook! :cool:

If she grows cow food, you could raise your own steaks :wink:

Well dark. These are quite new pallets made in Missouri, however their HT looks like an MB depending on how you squint. Odds are they are fine. I like to gamble but not this time. So I popped a beer- Negro Modelo- and we're going cinder blocks

Last edited:
Well dark. These are quite new pallets made in Missouri, however their HT looks like an MB depending on how you squint. Odds are they are fine. I like to gamble but not this time. So I popped a beer- Negro Modelo- and we're going cinder blocks

I,m intrigued, keep us posted on your Garden

just sayin'.....

607ebc22.jpg

:twisted::-D

I agree, pallets are sometimes treated now and those block will last quite a bit longer.

Oh and I'm envious of those steaks!

That's neat hog cooker Ms Jeanie, do the cement blocks last or is it not hot enough to worry?

I agree, pallets are sometimes treated now and those block will last quite a bit longer.

Oh and I'm envious of those steaks!

That's neat hog cooker Ms Jeanie, do the cement blocks last or is it not hot enough to worry?

Thank you Sir! It doesn't get hot enough to worry about. I keep the heat under the hams and shoulders but try not to build the heat right up against the blocks. The rib section cooks by indirect heat.
One friend build his block pit on a cement slab. The cement exploded and sent blocks 15ft into the air. Some blocks will do the same... I don't build fire right on them.

Sorry for the hijack Adams. Hope you take pics of the garden if you get the time! Thanks :)

I'm just happy to be in the conversation. Cinderblocks worked great. Kind of a salsa garden. Tomatoes peppers herbs only.

My apologies sir, I certainly didn't mean to hijack your post.

Might hijack those steaks though!

Totally my fault. I couldn't resist playing devil's advocate with the block pit. :redface: :-D
Looking forward to seeing the salsa garden!

• Thanks
Reactions: mcf
Thank you, sure don't want to be the new neighbor who you don't want over again. :)

Back