THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

garzanium

Full Fledged Farker
For the TX folks-HEB is running a sale on their house brand wood.not sure if it's local only, but I picked up 3 50lb bags(realistically it's prob. 30lbs) of mesquite for $5 each. I thought it was a good deal.

Picked up some Grill time charcoal thinking it was a deal for $1/7lb bag..lol.. this stuff probably lasted 5 minutes before it turned into ash. I was a bit upset lol.

Mission accomplished though after a lot of stroaking air and more lump coal added.

20130124_165034.jpg

Ash and the burger is raw!!!
20130124_191839.jpg

20130124_200820.jpg

20130124_200812.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Oh yea! The smokey joe is a burger and sausage Cookin machine! Uses so little coal also. Use mine all the time. Even works good for offset smoking just like the kettles. I love smoking fish on it.

sorry, that kinda made me laugh. but yea, they are good cookers but i now use mostly lump in mine. i got a piece of exp metal for the charcoal grate so the lump doesn't fall through, works great.

Great looking plate! The bun is a great looking contrast to the burger in the plate pic and looks delicious.

I just picked up a wsj this week, think ill throw some burgers on it tonight.

The burge looks soooo gud! How many bas did it take:razz:

haha.. would have probably taken 3 bags of the cheap stuff

sorry, that kinda made me laugh. but yea, they are good cookers but i now use mostly lump in mine. i got a piece of exp metal for the charcoal grate so the lump doesn't fall through, works great.

don't worry, i was laughing about it all night. Told the wife the charcoal co. Prob. Uses cardboard or newspaper as as additive haha.
good call. I got a few pieces of grate I can cut out to keep more lump burning on top.

I just picked up a wsj this week, think ill throw some burgers on it tonight.

For its size, it's great. I think I could easily fit 6 standard sized burgers on it
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Back