Death of a brisket

Thanks Pat, appreciate it. Well, I do have leeway, what I am trying to do is satisfy my "want" to cook this weekend, with my "want" to get quality. What is the old saying? You get to pick 2 of three things, "quality, speed, price" You cannot pick all three. So, for this weekend I need speed i.e. to buy something soon, but I am big on quality and price so...

I have a thawed brisket that I either need to refreeze or find another way to cook it and set aside more money for the other two or go out and pick up a dadgum Oklahoma Joe Highland or New Braunfels tonight or if I can find a wide body smokey mountain vertical etc..

but...if I wait a few more months, add in a few hundred more.. and step it up to a little nicer larger one.. right?

Been without too long.. bbq addiction setting in and I expected to be in the house by now so.. lol

I know me.. once I go get a smoker.. I'll use it till it wears out before I get something else.

Lastly.. I factor in the rain that is pouring down and lack of a cover so.. 12+ hours out there..? lol.. may help me decide to save :p

Russ

Get a 22" WSM and don't look back, Russell.

You could cook it in the oven and borrow someones charcoal grill to get some grill/smoke flavor on it...? Just thinking out loud here for you.

After owning an 18" and a 22" over the past 6 years (sold the 18 a few yrs back in order to get the 22), I gotta say that I constantly debate grabbing a "legit" pit but never end up doing it.

I've got a Yoder 640 that I'm trying to sell and all that thick metal makes me want a stickburner, but I know that the only reasonable solution would be either an insulated cabinet or something that's reverse flow at least. Otherwise, it's hard to justify not using the 22WSM.

Back