Follow me if you can

chuMP

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Am I the only one that falls into this repeating loop?

lull in the day at work
why not check the bretheren
oh, an atricle on pork(surprised!)
hey- this article mentions brining potatos?
better seach the forum to read more about it so that I can figure out if I've been doing potatos wrong my whole life
no results, but what is this? an article on BBQ jumping the shark from 3 years ago!
wow- I had BETTER read this
well, that was an interesting 4 page read, why am I here again, what time is it? My boss is gonna be pissd...
hey, I never found about the brined potatos
Do you know why one would brine potatos?

Last edited:
Ahh yes I know this, and do it daily, and I pick on my wife for doing it, but I would never admit to her that I do it as well. In our House it’s referred to as “oh look a pretty butterfly” or “hey something shiny”, lucky for me I live somewhat remote with no Interweb, so I only get to do it at work.

Yip. Every. Day.

Although I've got a half dozen places I go to, not just here.
I get paid too much as well.

Thanks smokesignalsfromtx. Interesting read. Does it significantly affect taste or texture?

I have studied this phenomenon thoroughly, but then someone rattled there keys and I forgot.
Damit :tsk:

Work?................thankfully only a vague memory :heh:

Thanks smokesignalsfromtx. Interesting read. Does it significantly affect taste or texture?

Lol! Like I said, WAAAAYYYYY before my time. I'm at work too, and "saw something shiny", so I googled your question and that's what came up. Never tried it.

This describes my Monday thru Friday routine

For the record, you don't have to brine the potatoes, if you put them into the boil with the ribs when you start. The starch released from the potatoes makes the ribs even softer.

For the record, you don't have to brine the potatoes, if you put them into the boil with the ribs when you start. The starch released from the potatoes makes the ribs even softer.

I like to add liquid smoke to this step too. Gives the taters a great smoky flavor. :mrgreen:

I cannot believe there are still businesses that have not locked down the internet. It scares me to think about what our employees would be doing if we let them.:der:

Back