Turkey on PBC

Danado

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Cooked my first 14 pound turkey on PBC yesterday. I brined my turkey using a brine that Patio Daddy posted on the internet Friday night. Saturday morning, I pulled the turkey out of brine and put olive oil on it. I then put dry rub on it and started the PBC. I followed Noah's video placing the hooks on the turkey but used his alternate method for putting the the turkey and rebar on the PBC.

The turkey cooked for 3 hours and 45 minutes and came out great! I'm still getting used to the PBC (I love it). I still have to crack my lid to keep the temperatures from dropping during a longer cook. This was a trial run for Thanksgiving and the turkey tasted awesome!

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 103
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 103
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 103
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 103
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 103
Nice. I need to practice a turkey prior to trying to impress the family next month.

I love Patio Daddio's brine!!!!

When I first used it years ago, I was skeptical, but it adds so much flavor to the bird.

I use it on both Turkey and Chicken, Smoked as well as oven roasted.

Thingfish, the moisture was excellent. I was a little worried the dark meat was around 185 when the breast hit 165. I thought I overcooked it but it tasted great. IamMadMan, i will have to try it on the oven roasted bird or PBC Chicken!

Back