Bovine bold or black ops for my chuck short ribs

Trunks

Take a breath!
Just got a package containing bovine bold and oak ridge black ops. I have 4 racks of these short ribs so I was thinking of trying both rubs on 2 slabs each

Thought? I would think it would be pretty good

They're both good but my favorite of the two is the Black Ops. The Oak Ridge rub has become my go to as long as I have some in the pantry. :thumb:

Both are great on beef and you will not go wrong.

But like Guerry, I am partial to Black Ops. I started using it this summer and used it at my first competition. That rub is out farking standing. I have also used it on burgers, chuck steak, and bottom round and it is still great. I am almost out of it though and need to re-up an order sometime soon.

Hey go for it ,like you said, then let us know what you think.

I tried Black Ops awhile ago and liked it so much I haven't felt the need change yet :grin:

Cheers

John

I'm sure it's not just you. :becky: Bovine Bold is a great rub too, and has it's own fan base. I'm just partial to the Black Ops. There are others I like as well. BigButzBBQ Cow Pow and Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow being two others I like very much.

Both are fantastic. Do like you said and make a couple with Black Ops, and a couple with Bovine Bold. Keep in mind, Bovine Bold can be a little salty, you might not need as much as you think.

Matt

I like the Bovine Bold and want to try the Black Ops. Tough decision, no way to loose I suspect

Back