THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OferL

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
This year we are having Sader at my my wife's brother's place. We were all asked to bting something. I was asked to bring smoked beef and suggested short ribs. My SIL immediatly approved. We are going to be 20-25 people. I bought 4 racks of about #5 each.

c2328jXh.jpg

Trimmed and ready for dry brine

au7yyAkh.jpg

Once the fat cap was off I saw this graet marbeling

M4eSYSkh.jpg

Ccebp1th.jpg

I love my butcher!
Tommorrow morning I'll start cooking. Get it all ready in the afternoon until tommorow night's celebration.

Those are looking real good.

You're going to have a fight if all 25 people want ribs, which I think they will after seeing those.

Those are some awesome looking ribs! Your butcher is taking good care of you. I can't wait to see the finished spread.

Looking mighty good!

So you celebrate Sader on Friday night there?

Over here, Sader by non Jewish traditions (maybe just Chicago Catholics, I'm not sure) was always a Thursday night thing because Good Friday is the last meat free/fasting observation day.

But I know the traditions in your country run much deeper by few thousand years, and your entire country takes a proverbial break all day long on Saturday the Sabbath.

Its only been 3 years, but it feels like too long since I have been back there.

Have a great and safe holiday season for you and your family!

Goodness, those bones look wonderful.

I hope you folks have a feast and enjoy time together!

OK there is a lot to unpack so be strong.
First gathering, some reading, some songs. A lot of making fun and drinking... For some of us it's the +50th time.

7e5fX7rh.jpg

Let's get to the food pics:
First course
Chopped liver

5l8Zh64h.jpg

Fried fish

gp0im7qh.jpg

Chicken soup with Kneidalach

BsiyKIXh.jpg

Potatos salad

Q8c4MKAh.jpg

Veg salad